Monday, August 31, 2009

In the Meantime...

Well, our camera cord is trapped in the abyss that is our storage unit, so I ordered another one, but in the meantime my posts will be a little drab, but really my blog is for our family's benefit, and you really aren't obligated to read it, so you can wait until next week when I will have pictures. :)

This last week was crazy, here are a few highlights to prove it. :)

First, our offer for the "house" wasn't accepted, so that means we are moving forward with our backup/original plan and building the home that we wanted in the first place. We couldn't be happier! We had our meeting with the builder last week and got everything finalized, so there is no turning back now. Hopefully things will move quickly and it will be finished by January....in the meantime....I'm with the kids down in St. George and Morgan's up in Sandy. :( I know...sad...but we're making it work and get to see each other on weekends. By staying with family we'll be able to make some headway on our debt and save money, which will be a huge bonus. This leads us to...

Highlight number two: I went up to SLC this past weekend and got to see my hubby. Man, you'd think it had been years since I'd seen him, but really it had only been a week. :) I sure love him and miss him everyday we're away...I have a feeling you'll hear that lot too. We drove up on Thursday night and stayed in a hotel, it was actually kinda fun. Logan and Damon didn't want to go to sleep though, I was glad my parents were there to help. In the morning I went to the builder meeting with Morgan while my parents babysat.

Then after that, we dropped off the kids at Morgan's parent's house while I went to my cousin's wedding at Oquirrh Mtn. Temple, it was in Spanish and was soo neat! We picked up the kids and went to the luncheon, then I headed back up to G&G H's (Morgan's parents) to switch cars. It doesn't really sound as busy as it was, but we were non-stop all day. My parents took one of our cars to Green River, WY for my niece's blessing. Morgan and I decided that we should spend time together during the weekend, so we didn't go up, but I heard the blessing was beautiful and my bro and sis both gave wonderful talks.

This weekend also happened to be the weekend that 3 of our nephews would be staying at G&G H's, and then another 3 nieces/nephew came over for most of Saturday, and then 2 more kids came over in the evening. It was definitely a full house, fun, but full! Morgan and I escaped the chaos and took our kids to the Living Planet Aquarium in Sandy, it was really neat, Logan got to touch some rays and all he kept talking about were the sharks, even though we only saw one. It was pretty cool and the kids did really well, after that we got some slurpees and headed to the park to get some fresh air. We had a great time just being together as a family.

On Sunday, my parents came down from Green River and picked us up and we headed home. We're definitely going to be putting some miles on our vehicles these next few months, but I think overall this really was the best plan. I love my Morgan and I'm excited for our new house and I can't wait to see you this weekend!!! :)

3 comments:

Jen said...

That's rough to live apart for so long. It will be great when you are all together in your nice new house. Good luck with everything!

Adams Family said...

Whew! I finally had a little time and have been able to catch up on you life through the blog! I’m glad for the few phone calls we had in between. We love you guys and are so excited for you and your new home. All this will be worth it. What’s nice, it’ll kinda be like courting again, lots of late night phone calls and “group” dates (including the kids) on the weekends. Hang in there!

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

I love seeing your pictures, but I also love reading your stories! That's a really hard situation, but you are right, it will be worth it when you have some money saved and some debt paid off. I hope we never have to do that, we aren't as patient as you and Morgan!