Sunday, August 9, 2009

My Cookie!

This past week we got a chance to spend some time with family down in Orem. We had a blast and Logan especially loved playing with all his new cousins, some he had seen before and some he hadn't. Our favorite happening of the night, was probably not too long after or before this picture was taken. I wasn't actually there for the actual event, but I think I got the basic story down:
Logan was chillin' in the chair, which was just the perfect size for him, and he was enjoying his cookie and lemonade. He turned his head for jut a brief moment and little Fay (not in the picture - that's Soren) snatched his cookie from the arm of the chair. Logan looked back for his cookie in dismay and shouted...My Cookie!...he didn't see that Fay had taken it. Morgan quickly replaced the cookie before a meltdown occurred and little Fay got away with all of it. Just to paint a picture, little Fay is that cute little innocent looking girl, about 1/3 the size of Logan and just turned one. We didn't realize she had the cookie, only that see was running back to her daddy and grandma at lightning speed with a smug look on her face...then we hear "my cookie"...and see her looking mischievously at the cookie now in her hand. I guess that's a compliment to me though, that my cookies were so good, the kids were stealing them from each other. :)
Logan and Damon both love plums...actually they both pretty much love any fresh ripe fruit. Damon has especially loved being able to eat the fruit off the core/pit/whatever. It makes a horrendously, juicy, sticky mess, but it's so fun to watch. I love hearing the little crunch his teeth makes when he breaks the skin of the fruit. And Logan being such a great copycat has been eating a little bit better now that he and Damon are almost eating the same thing at every meal. I love sibling rivalry!



And lastly, Damon loves to walk around and has been walking around with the walker for a while, but I hadn't gotten a video yet. He still won't take that first step, but I know it's coming close. He can't stand that he can't get up and walk/run around to follow Logan. And, things are progressing on the home front, we'll keep posted on that too, but until next time.....

3 comments:

heidijogoody said...

that is a cute story about the cookie thing! And yes sibling rivalry can be so great when it comes to eating especially we use it with the girls all the time :)

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

Ha, I can see Faye doing that. She is a cute little innocent looking thing, but she can be a little stinker! I love your two boys, they are so different, but both are so adorable!!

Mike and Quel said...

Linc Loves all kinds of fruit. Hopefully it will last for all of our kids and we can have some healthy little whipper snappers-Cute videos, love you sis, Excited to see you guys down in George in Sept.

Mike