Thursday, July 3, 2008

Oklahoma Adventures Week 48

June 29th - July 6th

I can't believe it's already July! That's crazy, that means only about 10 more weeks until we have another baby, that's insane. I get a little anxious with some things and this week I got a booster seat for Logan (not realizing that Damon won't really be using the high chair until he's almost 6 months -oh well we'll be prepared). We decided to try it out this week.

He actually did really good. He loves using a fork, he's still getting used to the spoon though, he tends to turn the spoon and dump everything off before it gets to his mouth. We had a little video of this too that I'll try and post. As we suspected though, he only lasted about 10 minutes (which is really good actually) before tossing his plate and all the food on the floor. :)

Me and Logan got to go to the splash park with some friends on Monday and he had a blast! And of course, I said I would bring my camera, and I forgot, so sorry there are no pictures, I imagine they would have been very similar to the last ones, just imagine him in his stars and stripes swimsuit. :)

This week I've been checking out other activities that me and Logan can do. We've been working on getting him to sleep in the toddler bed again, and right now it's just a game to him so he has to be really really tired to stay in there and sleep, it's been a rough week that way, but he has taken his now once a day nap there since Monday. Anyway, the point of that was that now that he is awake all morning, it gets a little dull around the house, so I've been looking at some different places and there is an awesome indoor swimming play area for toddlers. I've also looked at a nice gym so I can go work out for 30 minutes to an hour while Logan plays, but I'll still be close-by (and I have great friends that would love to have Logan come over and play if I didn't feel comfortable with the in-house daycare at the gym. (sorry if that's kind of vague, I don't want to give too many details to any crazy stalkers out there) I really think I'm going to need something like this to keep my sanity for the next few weeks waiting for the baby and not getting cabin fever with Logan. And it will be fun with Damon around too.


The are some really good parks too - a little of a drive, but worth it to feel safe by myself, so on Thursday I decided to go for a walk with Logan. We went 1.5 miles...and 3/4 of that was with giant blisters on my heels, but we still made it. It's actually not too bad of weather here in the mornings.


We had a wonderful weekend that started early on the 4th of July, both of us had Friday off work and it was wonderful. Morgan wanted to get some projects done around the house, so Nola and I went to the park with the little ones. We got there a little early for the "parade" which consisted of about 50 kids walking about 100 yards taking up about 5 minutes of time. :) We had a good time walking around though, we were there for about 2 hours. The boys loved their treats they got at the booths.

Brayden with his first lollipop :)

Logan doesn't look happy, but that's because he rammed the whole thing in his mouth so quick he sort of gagged on it a little bit and his eyes were still a little watery. He devoured his lollipop too.

We also decided to get some sno-cones...if you can call them that. Basically they were crushed ice (almost the consistency as from a refrigerator) with some flavored syrup on them. They weren't too bad I suppose, Logan and Brayden sure loved them. I was a little disappointed after I broke a tooth on a piece of ice, yes, I have a gaping hole in one of my molars now, it's been very distracting. And then Nola found a rock in the bottom of her cup, so maybe that's what broke my tooth, who knows. We're giving the crazy guy that sold them to us the benefit of the doubt though and hoping that the rock got in there from one of the boys when they were dipping there straws everywhere and back into the cups.

We tried to play at the park for a little while, but I think the kids were worn out by then. They both fell asleep on the way home after a screaming match. We still don't know if they were happy or mad. Later that night we went to the park with Nola and Brayden and we all watched the fireworks and for a brief moment both Morgan and I were thinking this isn't so bad, it's actually a really nice night...don't worry it didn't last long enough that we're going to settle down in Oklahoma. :) Logan was exhausted that night by the time we got home.

On Saturday morning I woke up to a wonderful breakfast in bed (I have the most wonderful husband in the entire Universe!) And Logan slept in until about 8:30, so we got to as well. After that we got up with determination to get some things done around the house. I helped Morgan with one of is projects while Logan was taking a nap and I think we did a pretty good job, we'll have to post some pictures of it later. After that Morgan cleaned the house while me and Logan went grocery shopping, then he went with the missionaries to meet a new investigator. They only briefly met, but had to re-schedule the discussion, so he got home early, which was good because we went to Nola's for hamburgers, they were delicious. We played some games and I almost won. We were playing Hearts and I was killing everyone until the very last few hands and then I lost by 3 points!!! I demand a re-match. :) It was a really great day! I took the camera, but forgot to take pictures.

We came home and Logan was exhausted and we all slept in until 8:00. It started out as a slow week, but then turned into a wonderful holiday. We hope you all enjoyed your weekend as well. Until next time....

6 comments:

Kim said...

I have not quite had the patience to sit and teach Kash to use silverware. I need to just sit and help her though. Logan is impressive

heidijogoody said...

Logan is doing really well with his table skills. And it looks like you guys had a nice fourth of july with all the fun things you did that day. Also it sounds to me like you have a good guy, Morgan, there. It is so nice to have a husband that is so helpful.

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

Sounds like you had a great 4th of July weekend. Isn't it great when babies decide to sleep in? Sometimes I let Donovan take a late nap on purpose so he goes to bed later and wakes up later too! It only works some of the time, but it is so worth it when it does! I love my child very much, but I also love sleep. Logan looks like such a big boy in his booster seat, I'm sure he feels pretty important now that he gets to eat closer to his mommy and daddy.

Tosha G said...

sounds like you have a lot of fun. He looks all grown-up sitting in the booster chair.

The Shill Spill said...

Sounds like a good weekend full of fun! I love the table manners! Very impressive! It's a good thing we don't have a nice table either, because both Jake and Carson hit it with their silverware. Oh well! Kids will be kids, right? So glad to see you are all doing well.

Mike and Quel said...

Happy 4th! Good boy Logan! Eating like a big boy!