Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Oklahoma Adventures Week 50

July 13th - 20th

This week has been pretty fun. We've been swimming a couple times and Logan and I have been going for walks. It was also this week that realized that Logan's not my baby boy anymore and he's really a little boy now. It was the weirdest feeling, but I was just watching him walk around the house and I just thought, wow, he's a little boy and growing up so fast.
Pretty soon he'll be making real phone calls to his friends. That seems like such a long way off, but I know that it will suddenly be here and I'll be wondering where my little boy and where in the world this teenager came from. :)

We're trying to do better at making FHE a habit and not watching so much TV at night, so this past Monday after we got dinner cleaned up and Logan bathed we decided that our activity would be GameCube :) Logan actually had a lot of fun....until he fell asleep.
Logan has been going through a bout of crankiness and I could have sworn that he was teething, he had all the signs, but nothing was coming through, then finally on about Tuesday I was tickling him and he had his mouth wide open and I saw his two top molars coming through, they were bleeding a little bit, so they must have just been breaking through. It was actually a relief though and I felt he was justified for his crankiness. I suspected he would get his molars early, but he still only has two teeth on the bottom and now he has 6 on the top, his four front teeth and now the two molars. Hopefully now his appetite will be better since he's got some better chompers for eating and it's not as painful now. I'll have to see if I can get a picture, but it was hard enough just getting a glance to see that something was actually coming through.
I've been noticing his toys disappearing lately and wondering where they are all going. He's getting very sneaky and I have found a couple stashes. This is his car stash.
..don't see anything...look closer....Yep, right down in the corner where they are very difficult to reach of course.

Logan's favorite time of the day is anytime that he gets to play with Daddy. He's got better balance now so they get to play a funner version of horsey.



We went over to a friends house for dinner last night, so I made cookies and let Logan be my taste tester when he woke up from his nap. You wouldn't think it, but he loved it and devoured the whole thing and I swore he said "good cookie"

We had a few minutes before it was time to go, so we decided to take a little break and watch some baseball. We'd been working hard all morning. Morgan trimmed up some trees and bushes in the front yard and it looks sooo nice, and he got the lawn all mowed. I'm so lucky to have such a good husband. Me and Logan went for a walk in the morning and did all the grocery shopping and then we got the house cleaned really good.
This morning we were eating breakfast and Logan was just babbling like crazy, we got a little bit of it on a video. And we were having fun with a little tickle torture. :) Enjoy..until next time.


2 comments:

heidijogoody said...

It is the craziest feeling when you look at your kid and think they actually look like a kid now not a baby! I am impressed with how well Logan can stay on Morgans back during the crazy horse ride. And that babbling was just so dang cute. He really is getting so big and he is just as cute as ever.

Aubrey said...

It's funny how kids have their own 'stashes' It took me a while to find my baby's DVD stash, but I'm so glad I did... 18 DVD's