Sunday, July 13, 2008

Oklahoma Adventures Week 49

July 6th - 13th

In just 3 short weeks we'll have been in Oklahoma for our first official year, and then 6 weeks after that we'll be having a baby. Wow, I have a feeling that the next couple months are going to go by really fast and really slow at the same time.

This week was sort of your average run of the mill week. Logan and I got out and went for walks in the morning and then for FHE we went to the pool and went swimming. You can't take cameras in there though, so we don't have any pictures.

Logan seems to be getting bigger and bigger and growing up so fast and he loves getting into things. I have a little portable drawer system for his bedroom for things like his medicines and extra binkies, stuff like that and he started getting into it. I wouldn't worry except for the things is plastic and he tried to reach into the drawers that are too high and a couple times he's almost pulled the thing over on top of him, so I decided to put it in his closet where we can close the door.....but I guess that won't last long. I swear I thought I closed the door and I think he opened it. He can reach the handles just barely, so I might not have closed it completely and all it took was a little turn, who knows, all I know is it got really quiet and we knew something was up and we go in and he had raided the drawers.He can even reach the top drawer where we keep his shoes and he loves his shoes, so of course he goes for that drawer that is mostly likely to make it all topple over on him. I think I need to do a little re-arranging :)

Logan is a big helper and loves brooms! He loves to help in the kitchen after dinner...well sort of.
He actually does pretty good holding up the big broom, but I think we might have to get him one a little more his size so that I can still use the big broom and sweep while he's helping me.

Since we've been playing outside a lot more and Logan has been wearing his sandals constantly he gets some really stinky feet sometimes. We have a fun video of daddy playing the stinky feet game.

It gets him laughing even when his feet smell as sweet as roses.

This week, a tragedy happened...we accidentally cut Logan's hair too short. :( It took me a while to get used to it. We were just going to trim it up a little bit, but I started with the attachment that was just a little too short and ended up taking off too much, so we had to just buzz it and start from scratch. Of course, he's still as cute as can be though.

"What have you done mother?"

Look at all his sweet golden locks of hair...gone...it'll grow back, I just keep telling myself that.

"This is all your fault mom if the kids in nursery make fun of me...but I still love you."

No, he doesn't have a hairy back thank goodness, but there sure was a lot more hair to clean up than I thought he even had on his head to begin with.

This weekend we also had a Pioneer Day Celebration, it's not really a holiday here, but then had a ward activity and we all got together and ate and played games and such. Logan liked running around and playing with all the other kids and we were even able to snatch of few pictures while he was sitting on the saddle.

Some things went a lot better than expected and some I wish would have gone a little better, but overall we have a great ward and we had a good time. It was nice to have something to do on a Saturday and see some of our friends.
We love our little boy and can't wait for his little brother to come and be a part of our family too. If only we could get him to sleep in his toddler bed through the night good thing we still have a couple months to work on that.

5 comments:

heidijogoody said...

I think Logan is still as adorable as ever with that shaved head. and I think you guys are so smart to get him used to sleeping in a toddler bed before the baby comes. You just wait it will happend the day before the baby is born :)

Mike and Quel said...

I love little boys w/a buzz! I think it's cute. Although I love long hair on boys too! We'll see what I can get away with when it come to Mike:) I've been thinking maybe me and Linc can come out to Okie and play sometime... We'll see! Have a good lazy Sunday:)

Dina said...

awwww...he's a cutie even with the bald head! It will grow back faster than you know though! Good luck with the toddler bed!

Lisa said...

He looks like such a big boy! What a cutie. We got to visit with your parents the other night- it was so fun.

Emily said...

I never noticed before just how much he looks like his daddy! I'm sorry about the hair, but he still looks adorable with a buzz cut! Good luck with these next couple of months!