Sunday, June 29, 2008

Oklahoma Adventures Week 47

June 22nd - 29th


This week was actually pretty slow. We finally are getting back into the swing of things, and because not much happened, I think I took a total of 4 pictures and even then not all of them turned out. We did have a new couple move into the ward, so Logan has another new buddy to play with. We went over for a couple hours on Thursday and he had a blast. He was a little shy at first, but then he really warmed up to everyone. His buddy is almost 3 and they got along great. I think I need to do more play-dates with Logan and his friends to get him used to having other kids around, it's really nice at his friends because they also have 7 week old twins, so he got some exposure to having babies around.


We did try a couple times to go to the park with some of his other friends, but our crazy schedules and sicknesses got in the way, but we are planning to go to a park tomorrow and play, so I'll try and remember the camera to have some fun pictures from that.


Oh yeah, we did go to the pool this week. (I think I would have forgotten if I hadn't take some pictures when we got home.) I've been trying to get out of the house more and find activities that me and Logan can do during the day so we don't end up watching so much TV and there is a free pool and splash park not too far away, so we loaded up and went to the pool. It was a little crowded, but not too bad. We went into the 1-2 foot kiddie pool and there were a few other moms with their kids...obviously I couldn't take pictures at the pool when I'm by myself, otherwise I would have had some cut ones. The water was almost up to Logan's chest and the wind was blowing a little bit and actually blew him over and under the water a couple times. He actually did really good. He came up just fine, didn't cry or cough and sputter like he got any water up his nose or anything. With the wind blowing it was hard for him to walk around in the pool, so we were only in there for about 10 minutes before he was ready to get out.

We went over to the splash ground and he played in the water there for a bit, but then he just walked around the entire park for about 30 minutes, so we got some good sunshine, I got a good walk in chasing him around and because we were wet from the pool it wasn't too hot.

These are pictures after we got back from the pool. It was so windy that his hair was standing straight up, although you can't really see it very well in the pictures. I guess that's how we'll have to spike it, just sit in the wind with lots of sunscreen in his hair. :)
Friday I had a Dr. appointment and baby Damon is doing great and I'm actually feeling really good too and if all goes well, we will be welcoming him into the world on September 15th, a little earlier than we have thought, but YAY! My only complaint is that I'm tired a lot, but that's to be expected with a one year old, right? :) This has been as good of a pregnancy as with Logan, but we'll see how things go when I'm carrying both of them on the outside though, that will be the real test, but I already think and know that Logan will be a great big brother. He loves being around other kids and babies...we just have to work on "be soft" and sharing.
So, I guess other than that, it's just been your average ordinary week...until next time.

4 comments:

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

I really wish we had a kiddie pool for Donovan to play in. He likes to crawl around the pool, but doesn't really like his floatie very much yet. September sounds so soon! I know you will do great, you are a good mom, you can tell by how sweet Logan is. Maybe I will make the road trip out there a few weeks after Damon is born!

Mike and Quel said...

I love our little splash park here. Of course Linc doesn't play in it, we just go and hang out w/everyone. Can't wait to see that little man you've got inside. It's only June still, but I'm so darn excited for Christmas!!!

Tosha G said...

He is so cute. You are so good to try and plan activities. It gets hard sometimes.

heidijogoody said...

How fun a free pool. The closest the girls and I get to swimming in a big pool is their kiddie pool in the back because it is a little hard to take both of them to the pool on my own. Logan is such a cute little thing with those big eyes :)