Sunday, June 22, 2008

Oklahoma Adventures Week 46

June 15 - 22nd


I'm so glad my husband is back from Scout Camp, but it wasn't the end of his busy-ness. He was in charge of the Combined YM/YW Activity this Wednesday. They went rock-climbing, something he's been trying to put together for a while that finally went through. We went and checked it out on Monday and I was actually a little jealous and for a brief moment wished that I wasn't pregnant so I could come and climb to. So, we'll have something to look forward to when I'm back in good shape :) It was a little challenging though and Morgan was worried that some of the youth wouldn't have fun. I'm happy to report that it was a success though and he even overheard some of them talking about coming back and the few kids that he was worried about made it to the top of their climbs and had a good time too. He's definitely ready for the break in "planning" the activities. He's just so wonderful and really magnifies his calling and tries to do things that will help make an impact, but he does so at the cost of stressing and worrying that everyone will participate and have a good time, so I'm really glad that this activity turned out better than the last one. :)


Me and Logan found ways to pre-occupy ourselves though while Daddy was busy running around getting permission slips and planning things.
We play outside. Thanks to my mom, Logan thinks he needs to go outside and play on the deck everyday before or after lunch. (Actually, it really is a good thing for me to get outside more often, and I've really enjoyed the sunshine - except for the mosquitoes still get me - my swelling this summer won't be because of pregnancy, but mosquitoes).




It gets really really hot in the afternoons, so hot that I hate getting in the car, so we improvise and make our own water park on the deck in the back yard and Logan has been loving it. We go outside for about 30 minutes each day and run around and I spray him with the hose and sometimes I let him spray me too. :) (Charlie Brown meets Alfred Hitchcock...Notice his Charlie Brown/Peanuts like shadow with his cute little nose)He's been really good not to wander too close to the edge either, this is about as close as he gets. And since his new word is "ka-ka" he points to the edge of the deck everywhere and says "ka-ka, ka-ka."

Since Logan hasn't had a full-time grandma (I'm so glad I have Morgan, I don't know if I could really do it all by myself all the time) he's been finding other things to get into- he's such an explorer and has a knack for finding things I don't want him to get into. His favorite in the office while I'm working - if I end up on the computer for a little while when he's awake - is the envelopes. He pulls them all out, sometimes he'll eat one or two of them, then we put them all back and he does it all over again.He wouldn't look at me in the first picture because he knew he was getting into something he shouldn't, so I had to come around to the other side to get the "who-me" look.

This weeks' other fun moment - The Green Bowl. Logan has a cupboard that he can pull everything out of and I let him while I'm cleaning up the kitchen, it's just full of bowls and Tupperware. Anyway, the beginning of this week he found the green bowl and kept handing it to me, so I put it on his head. He walked around the house for at least a half and hour with the bowl on his head and every time it fell off he would come running to me while I was eating my lunch and have me put it back on. He did this for a few days, and then of course, the one day where I think, this could be a funny picture, he decides he doesn't like the bowl anymore.


I only got him to keep it on there long enough to hurry and snap this picture and he wouldn't even look up at me. It's so funny when he picks and chooses when to be camera-shy. :)

Those are a few other bowls from his cupboard, but of course, one cupboard isn't enough and now he likes the pots and pans cupboard........which for the most part I'm okay with if he only gets the little pans out, but I stack my pans and the way they are in there could really do some damage to him if he were to pull them all out on top of him. We have a child lock on it, but of course he already knows how to get by that. Alas, my days will be spent running around banging pots and pans with him...oh well. I guess that's enough rambling this week, not much else has happened, but I'm sure we'll be going to the park again this next weekend, maybe something fun will happen then...until next time.

5 comments:

Mike and Quel said...

It's good that Logan likes to go outside. I get worried that Linc might not like to cuz I never go out! I'm working on it though:)

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

I hate getting in the hot car too, but we are lucky, the park is only about a mile away so we can take a long walk or I can be ambitious and take a jog there. I really wish it wasn't a 6 hour drive to see you guys, but Donovan and I may just have to make the trek sometime this summer or in the fall when Brad is gone on a soccer trip or something. Sometimes we drive to his aunts house in Missouri which isn't a whole lot closer than you guys. I guess we'll see how ambitious I get!

Dina said...

Hey, it was good to see you guys last night! Logan is a lot bigger from when we saw him last...but he is ADORABLE! I love his high 5/cuddle thing! He's a cutie!

heidijogoody said...

Isn't it funny how kids will play with almost anything it makes you wonder why you bother getting toys. the girls new favorite thing to play with is all my spoons. Logan is just such a little cutie. Glad all of Morgans activities went well

Tosha G said...

Kids love to play with things. I don't know why I have toys. Drew has been pretending to go camping and using our new travel camp stove. He would have thought we didn't need toys.