Sunday, June 15, 2008

Oklahoma Adventures Week 45

June 8th - June 15th

Oh what a week! My mom was here with me all week while Morgan was at Scout Camp - which turned out better than he thought it would. We all had so much fun! Logan had a great time running around and playing with Grandma while I was working and then in the afternoons we'd go play or shop and we rented all the chick flicks that we hadn't seen from Redbox and caught up on our movies. It was nice and relaxing - although the movies didn't help us to not miss our husbands. I have to say it would have been a really really tough week if my mom hadn't been here, so thank you thank you thank you - we love you so much!

I think Grandma had a little more patience with Logan's lack of appetite than I did and by the end of the week he was eating like a champ. He just likes lots of flavor, variety, and now he likes to do the spoon himself every once in a while. One of his favorites were some cherries. mmmmm.He just couldn't get enough, unfortunately, it was when we were nearing the end of our cherry supply when we discovered this. :)And of course, he's learning at an early age how to find money. :) I think he wanted more cherries.

And this is Logan and Grandma having a good time lounging watching Letter Factory. He's very good with "p" and "k" and goes around saying "pee pee pee pee pee" and now he says "kaka kaka" We're definitely going to miss having grandma around. I wish I would have taken more pictures while she was here, but the camera was neglected.

And now I can't forget Father's Day! Happy Father's Day to my wonderful Papa and also to my wonderful husband. Logan and future Damon and the rest of our children are sure lucky to have him around. He is the best husband and father there is - no offense to any of you other husbands and fathers :)

When he got home from Scout Camp all he wanted to do was hold his little boy and his family. When he called and said they were coming home Friday night instead of Saturday afternoon, he told me to keep Logan up so he could see him before he goes to bed. I could hardly wait for him to get home. Me and my mom had to play games and watch TV to help keep me distracted and not just sit and watch the clock. I don't think he got quite the reception from Logan that he wanted-Logan was getting pretty fussy and tired by 10:30 when his normal bedtime is 8:00, but he did give his daddy some good loves before bedtime. Logan has made up for it today and yesterday though by being a total daddy's boy. I think he's afraid now if daddy leaves he'll be gone for another week.

Grandma had to leave early Saturday morning, so we didn't end up going to the zoo with her, but maybe next time. We decided to have a more relaxing day. I made crepes for the first time on Saturday morning for Morgan for Father's Day and I'm quite proud that they actually turned out all right. Then we just relaxed that morning and watched a movie. Morgan still had to un-pack and clean and we did most of that while Logan was taking a nap, then we had lunch and I couldn't wait any longer to give Morgan his present. Logan and I picked out some shirts and ties for Father's Day since he dresses up for work now and will be in the future probably, and I think he's only bought one new white/dress shirt since his mission, so it was definitely time. Morgan loved the traditional Father's Day present.

Unfortunately, I got the sleeves too small, so we went back later and miraculously found the right size and traded them in, so it all worked out. That afternoon we also decided to go to a little kids splash park that was down the road. It was really good to spend time as a family and outside. Logan wasn't too sure of the splash park at first, but then he didn't want to leave, he just wanted to walk around in all the mist and water. Here are some fun pictures from our Father's Day outing. I think we went a little picture happy to make up for not taking other pictures earlier in the week.

How can you not just melt and fall in love with this boy! It was a great week and a great weekend. And just to finish up with a little more Father's Day goodness. This was something that I found on our computer a while ago and I just love it:


FOOTPRINTS

"Walk a little slower Daddy," said a child so small.
"I'm following in your footsteps and I don't want to fall.
Sometimes your steps are very fast, Sometimes they're hard to see.
So walk a little slower Daddy, For you are leading me.
Someday when I'm all grown up, You're what I want to be,
Then I will have a little child Who'll want to follow me.
And I would want to lead just right And know that I was true.
So walk a little slower Daddy, For I must follow you."
Morgan - you are one in a million and our family couldn't ask for anything better - WE LOVE YOU!

4 comments:

heidijogoody said...

First of all happy fathers day to Morgan.. it is so nice to have great dads in our lives! That splash park looks like lots of fun I wish we had one here. And I am sure it was lots of fun to have your mom there while Morgan was gone. I know all too much how that goes.

Kate said...

Sounds like you had a great time with your mom out there! Those flight benefits sure come in handy for our parents when their kids are far away :)!! That splash park looks like lots of fun.

Tosha G said...

You have great mom and husband. Looks like you had a lot of fun playing in the water.

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

I wish we had a splash park! That looks like so much fun, I know Donovan would have a blast with that.