Sunday, September 30, 2007

Oklahoma Adventures Week 8

September 23rd--September 29th
Well, now that the kitchen is complete, there's not really a whole lot of big events to talk about, but were are still plugging away at everything. Our home is starting to really feel like a home now that it isn't chuck full of tools or building supplies, I was finally able to get everything into the garage on Saturday....now we just don't have much of a garage :)
I don't have pictures of this, but Nola and I took Brayden and Logan for a walk at this really cool park, it was gorgeous. She hasn't had much luck getting anybody to go for walks there, apparently it is prone to a lot of gay PDA, but luckily we didn't witness any firsthand. We did run into a wild dog, I guess there are quite a few here in Oklahoma. Of course, it was then that Nola decided to tell me about her crazy dreams she keeps having about being on a walk with Brayden when a pack of wild dogs attack her...great I thought, I really hope today is not when that dream comes true. During our walk we took a break on a bench, little did we know we were in a swarm of mosquitoes, that break didn't last too long, but thanks to some helpful advice from my mom's best friend Jan, I had my dryer sheet with me and I didn't get a single bite!! It was amazing. I forget to carry them around in the house though and I just noticed that I have three more, they're itching like crazy!

This was just a perfect photo op, not even a planned one. He just happened to be wearing his dinosaur pajamas and the dinosaur blanket was the blanket of the day that we were playing on.

So, now that the kitchen is done, I don't really have an excuse not to exercise....okay, so I never really had an excuse before either, but somehow it all justified itself in my head, it turns out though, that Logan really likes working out with me, so hopefully I'll be in a little better shape before the next baby comes around, not that I'll be running the marathon next week or anything. ;)

Morgan is still doing really well in school. Now that the kitchen is finished, he actually has a place and time to study while I'm working in our office most of the day. He picks up shifts at the OU Medical Center and has worked quite a bit lately. It's just not quite like Utah though, Oklahoma is light years behind and much less organized. There are three different radiology departments that he rotates around instead of one central place within the hospital and everything has at least 3 or 4 unnecessary extra steps, and they are under-staffed, so even though he is working PRN (on-call) he'll probably end up with quite a few shifts now that he's done training. It all comes around back to the fact that you don't really appreciate things until they're are gone and the grass is not always greener, we've learned a great deal of gratitude for past jobs and employment in Utah. Nevertheless we are still very grateful that I can work from home and that Morgan has a really flexible job, even if he feels like he is helplessly watching the cavemen figure out what to do with the wheel that they have just discovered.

Logan is still our happy healthy baby. We keep forgetting the update, but when we went to his well-baby check up on Sept 7th he was a whopping 14.11 lbs 26 inches and jumped to the 75% percentile in height, (used to be in the 30%) but remained in the 37% for weight, so even though he's a little plump around the edges he's still considered a skinny baby. I'm sure he's at least 16 lbs by now, he's growing so fast that my arms can't keep up with him anymore, I'm really going to have to up my arm workout. :)Sometimes Morgan and I wonder if Logan has some parakeet blood in him...don't ask me where he got it though, that could get awkward...whenever he's really tired and fussy, he'll grab his blanket and pull it over his head to play peek-a-boo and falls asleep before he gets to the "boo" part. And after he takes his little nap, he's a happy little boy again.

He keeps teasing us about teething. Sometimes it seems like he's teething, other times I think it's just a lot of drool. He's pretty much got the perma-bib thing going on, so we have a nice little stock-pile of bibs to sop it all up. I think he's trying to show us where the teeth are coming in.
"It's right back there mom, can't you see it?"
"Or maybe it's a little closer, like here."


"Mmmm.....milk"
Logan really likes his jumper and is starting to get the hang of it. "Hey, Who is that handsome fella looking back at me?"

Until next time......