Sunday, October 7, 2007

Oklahoma Week 9

September 30th-October 6th

It's actually been quite an eventful week. We are both very glad that it is general conference weekend and we can relax a bit. I guess I'll start out with my adventures. I flew in to Salt Lake early Monday morning on the 6:20am flight. With the time change, I ended up there about 8:00am. I stayed with Morgan's parents in Sandy. I was coming in for a few days to do some training for my job and to help get some things taken care of that I had started there. A little side-note about my job. I still work about 5 hours a day from home. It's really nice to have a little income and also have the flexibility to be home with Logan....well, and now Morgan too :)

So, at about 9:30am Logan and I headed for the office for what ended up being a very full day of work. Breastfeeding saves a lot of money, but there are strings attached (aka the baby), and he's not on solids yet, so he gets to go everywhere with me in case he gets hungry and that in itself can be quite tiring. We got finished with work pretty late in the afternoon, but everyone at worked loved to see the little guy again.


This is Nicki, she's sort of taken my old position at the office, so we work pretty closely on things.This is Augest and The Buddy. I shared an office with her in Sandy. She was the first person at work that kept my pregnancy secret. I figured it would be hard to keep it a secret when I was sharing an office with her. :)


And, this is my boss Bob. Even he held Logan for a while when we came in to work. I worked as his personal assistant for two years until I had Logan and we moved away, now I'm sort of supervising the position while working on the training program that he has been developing over the past couple years. This has probably been the best job I've ever had, even though it is still filled with a lot of stress and everything that comes with working, it's nice to have a boss that realizes the importance of family and is willing to work around that with me.


The hardest part about having a baby at the office with you is finding a place to put the sleeping baby. I didn't really bring any big toys with me since we flew over and were already packed to the limit, so we improvised. There was a little extra room on my desk, so we shared. I had all sorts of good intentions to visit friends while I was out there, but after three lllooooonnnngggg days of work I was exhausted every day that I came home. I usually put in about 5 hours over the course of the day, but when I was here I ended up working close to 9 hours a day. So, to all of you that I had tentative plans with, I apologize. I did get a chance to visit some family though, that was a little easier since most of them just came over to the house and I didn't have to go anywhere, except to visit Great Grandma Hadlock.This is Logan's Great Grandma Hadlock. We went to visit her and Logan was so happy to see her.

This is Logan's cousin Derek. Derek is just a little over two now, so when Logan gets bigger he'll have some cousins close to his age.


This is Logan's cousin, Audrey..Derek's sister. She came over to get some fabric for a school project, which was perfect timing while I was there so I got to see everyone.



The last night I was in Sandy, Wade(Morgan's Brother) & Sandra came over with their little boy Josh who is just over 2 as well. He had fun playing with his cars, Logan's just not quite old enough to play yet. Wade and Sandra ran the St. George Marathon yesterday. I was training with Sandra for a marathon for a while until I got pregnant with Logan.

This is Logan's Grandma Hadlock and Great Grandma White holding him. Grandma Hadlock is holding Brayden. Nola and Brayden flew into Salt Lake on Wednesday and came over to visit Thursday morning just before we headed to the airport.


Great Grandma & Grandpa White wanted to come see Logan again before he flew back to Oklahoma.


So, all in all, it was a very exciting, tiring, and fun trip. I'm very grateful that I have such great in-laws that let me stay with them and made me feel like it was a home away from home. However, I'm still very glad to be home. I flew in on Thursday evening and Morgan picked me up at the airport. That is the longest that Morgan and I have every been away from each other since we met!

Since we can't really watch the BYU Football games on TV, we have also been cheering for Morgan's new school. Go Sooners! OU beat Texas in the notorious Red River Shoot-Out. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the rivalry, the Shoot-out is the equivalent of our "HOLY WAR" between BYU & UTAH. At least that's what I am told; however, I still feel the BYU / Utah rivalry is more intense.

I spent most of the day Friday relaxing and unpacking...it's amazing how much extra stuff you have to pack for such a little baby. Morgan was so happy to have his baby boy and wife home safely. Logan really missed his daddy.


So, while I was hardly working..ahem, I mean working hard in Salt Lake for three days, I obviously had the camera with me so Morgan couldn't take pictures, but he was hard at work putting the FINAL touches on the kitchen. A little touch up piant here, some minor fixes there. He also had a big test in one of his classes that he got a 97.5% on!! (He doesn't really want me to broadcast that, but I'm really proud of him!) The time here is flying by so quickly and Logan is growing so fast. We are having a wonderful experience here and hope this adventure continues. However, we could do without some of the things that go with living in Oklahoma. All the oversized bugs, critters, and spiders is really getting old. In addition, we captured our first mouse in the garage yesterday. We put out the traditional mouse traps all around our garage one evening. The next morning we had already captured the one mouse that we saw. We don't know for sure if there are others involved. Our next "home-improvement" is to replace the entrance to the garage. We have two doors, a traditional one-car garage door, and an additional door on the side. That additional door is old, and is really an interior door and not an exterior door. There is a huge gap on the bottom making it easy for mice to enter our sure to be warmer than outside garage. All these random little things give us more to write about in our blog. At least the traps work well.


Aunt Diana...this one's for you! :)