Sunday, October 28, 2007

Oklahoma Week 12

October 21st-27th
Holy Toledo, I can't believe it's really been 3 months already that we've been here. I guess some days it seems like we've always been here and other times it feels like we just moved. It's crazy how we humans interpret time. Well, on to the good stories. This week was a major break-through in solid feeding, my boy LOVES Peaches. We've tried several different fruits and vegetables and he does okay, pulls some weird faces, and sometimes won't even open his mouth (he really hates green beans right now). The other day I let Morgan pick the next food to try and he's been wanting to give peaches to him since the beginning, but I wanted to start with veggies...I should have listened to Morgan, Logan ate the entire serving of peaches, a task that usually takes at least two days and 2-3 feedings. Then later that evening I was trying to get him to eat his rice cereal..wasn't interested, so I mixed in a little bit of the peaches, and he ate it all, and then continued to eat 3/4 of the rest of the peaches serving...in one day!! It was great. He has since slowed the pace down, but I hope he approaches the rest of the solid foods with as much excitement. We have yet to try pears, peas, & squash, but the only thing I can truly say he likes are peaches. He tolerates the applesauce and bananas and I'm sure he'll eventually come around to the green beans and carrots.
Another funny story that happened this week was when I was finishing up work and Morgan was done studying for a while. He needed a break because he was getting tired, so I asked him to play with Logan for a bit. Well, I guess Daddy must have been really tired, because he fell asleep. Haha, man's idea of watching the baby.
In all reality though, Morgan is the best dad in the whole world and loves his little Buddy. They have a lot of fun playing together and Morgan can't wait until he can play catch, go hiking, and teach him everything about being a kid, who knows better than the young at heart. :)
I don't know how many are familiar with the Hungry Little Caterpillar, but it was one of my favorite books growing up, so I was so excited when Logan finally fit into his caterpillar outfit that his Grandma gave him. Logan is really starting to grow up, I can't believe he's 6 1/2 months now. He really loves to stand up and he can almost sit by himself. It's fun to watch him learn new things, I can't wait until he starts crawling and walking, although it has been nice to be able to put him down on a blanket to play and not have to worry about him crawling into a big mess, we're still in the process of baby-proofing the entire house.
I guess I can say something now because it is official: I got called to be the Primary Chorister. How fun! I'm excited. This will be an interesting challenge, it's very intimidating to think that next week I'll be teaching the primary kids (there are only about 8) the primary songs and I will have to get up there and sing in front of them. I'm nervous, but excited, so if any of you who have ever served in this calling...or primary...or just have some create ideas on how to teach the songs, please send them my way. I am very excited that we are getting into the Christmas season though, because those are my favorite primary songs of all. It will be fun to teach them my favorite songs. I think that pretty much sums up the noteworthy events of this week. Life is still good and fun and we love being parents. Logan is daddy's little puppet, and he's my little dress up doll. The other day I was experimenting with what hair he does have. We'll end with a few of those pictures of "Spike" That was his nickname for the day after I loaded his hair with my mousse. :) Have a great week and we'll try to have some great adventures this week to write about next time.

1 comment:

heidijogoody said...

I love the hair--- As far as the food thing goes, my girls really liked the sweet potatoes and the squash in the veggies because they are a little sweeter. Good luck with the progress on that!