Sunday, October 21, 2007

Oklahoma Week 11


October 14th - 20th
"Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you will look back and realize they were the big things."
There was an awesome storm the other day and Morgan and I turned off all the lights and opened the windows and cuddled on the couch to watch the lightning. It was awesome. It was so nice to just relax, take it easy, and enjoy one another's company, our little buddy was asleep for the night, so we got to just talk to each other for hours. We didn't get any pictures though, but it was really cool.

We love The Buddy more than anything in the world, but for you parents out there, it's really nice to have an adult conversation without talking about poop, or "this little piggy" :) Logan is our joy and happiness in the world and his smile can melt away the worst day. We were playing around the other day with the buddy. He grabbed his feet and pulled his socks of and they just looked like perfect ear warmers for daddy.The Buddy wanted to play too. It took us a couple tries with the camera to snap it fast enough that both socks were on his ears. Logan is also starting to roll over like a champ now. He gets as far as his tummy and then sort of gets stuck there, but we're working on it.This weekend was quite an eventful one. Morgan went to Salt Lake on Friday because his friend Justin was getting married on Saturday. Logan and I stayed home since we already had one flying adventure, and we probably wouldn't have all made it over and back together anyway. Here are a few cute pictures of the wedding.While Morgan was away at the wedding I got to spend two nights by myself in Oklahoma. It took me a really long time to fall asleep the first, because of course I heard every little sound and was worried about my little baby. Good news: we're all safe and sound :) On Saturday I went to a Relief Society Craft Activity and we made these really cool tile decorations. Basically it's a vinyl type sticker that gets put on the tile. I used the quote at the beginning of the blog. It's really cool and someday when we're in a more permanent establishment I'd like to do some more decorating to that effect.


So, when Nola (Morgan's Aunt) was in Utah over conference weekend, she picked up a baby sling for Brayden, it's a very simple design so we got the crazy idea that we could make them ourselves. I got all excited and went to the craft store and bought a whole bunch of fabric...but I got a little confused on the instructions and bought a ton of it way too small, so this week I have to go back and try again, I did attempt making one, it was too small and quite the little disaster, but I figured the first one would be. When I finally get a good one make I'll take a picture and show it off.


Today (Sunday) Morgan was supposed to come home early afternoon, but the flight was full and he was flying standby and the rest of the flights didn't look good either. Neither one of us had an especially great day and we both just really wanted to be with each other, so I called Nola to see if we could work something out to get him home, she works for Southwest Airlines, but in the meantime the biggest miracle happened. There were about 4 standbys waiting to get on the flight and a connecting flight from Seattle was delayed and there were exactly 4 people who weren't able to make the connection and they shoved Morgan on the plane last minute. When he didn't call me back when we planned I figured he either went back home, or got on the flight, so I called the airlines and they confirmed he made it on the flight. He would be home at 5:00, it was 4:30, so I hurried and fed the baby and picked up my wonderful husband from the airport. I've never been so excited and happy in my life and it just made today the best day in the world. The Buddy was so excited to see his daddy. Morgan put him on his shoulders when we got home and Logan laughed for almost 10 minutes straight. It was the best thing in the whole wide world to hear such laughter. If you're ever having a bad day, find a baby and make him laugh, it's a miracle healer.

So, now that both of us have traveled to Utah without the other, it just made us realize how true it is that Home is Where the Heart is. When I came home from my trip, I felt like I was actually missing Oklahoma, and he felt the same way, but it all came down to we just really didn't want to be anywhere where we wouldn't be together. That's why there was such a delay on the blog. And of course we'll end with another cute picture of the cutest little baby in the whole world.


2 comments:

heidijogoody said...

Hey guys. I love your weekly blogs and I am so glad I can now comment on them. Logan is changing so much and in some of his pictures he looks just like your brother Steven I think. Sounds like all is well with you guys.

~..kass..~ said...

Hello there Annie this is Kassy(judkins) now Stuart, I found yoru page off of Kim's I hope you don't mind. I just wanted to tell you how cute you baby is! wow what a doll! Hope all is well :)