Sunday, September 16, 2007

Oklahoma Week 6

September 9th-15th


I can boil water!!! The kitchen is now about 99.9% finished. We were able to grout last Monday, seal it on Tuesday, and on Wednesday we had the stove in there. Morgan cooked us some spaghetti, and it was one of the best meals we've had in weeks! It was even fun to clean the kitchen for the mere fact that I had a kitchen to clean. (I never thought I'd hear myself say that) I baked some cookies with our new stove and they were delicious.


There are still a couple of cupboard doors that need to be put on under the sink, but we're waiting on that until we're done installing the switch for the garbage disposal (one of those little things that was forgotten when we had the walls wide open...oiy). One cupboard door is on back order, but should be here in the next couple of weeks. The only things left are the baseboards, back door, door frames, and the touch up paint, but to me it feels like it's done. I've unpacked all our kitchen boxes now and we've moved all the tools into the office. And at this point, since I can cook, I'm not as anxious about everything else getting done...well the garbage disposal would be pretty nice, I forget that it's not really working yet, and I've have to scrape out the scraps of food with a spoon. Logan likes the kitchen. We set up his highchair so he can have a few weeks to get used to sitting with us at meals before we start him on solids. We tried him with ice cream, but he wasn't that interested, so I guess its not time yet. :)

In other news, Morgan starts his job on Monday. He'll be doing some part time, on-call work in X-ray for the OU Medical Center. It should be a pretty flexible job, and it's on-call, so if he can't go in he doesn't have to. He's hoping to be able to work 2-3 shifts a week though. This semester has been rather slow, he's really enjoyed re-building the kitchen, although, I think we're both ready to take a hiatus from home improvements for a while. He's still doing really good in his classes and was able to get caught back up after the last couple weeks of every spare second working on the kitchen. My job is going well also. I still work from home writing, consulting, and basically anything else the company needs me to. It's great to have a job that is flexible enough that allows me to still take care of my kids...yes..kids, Morgan will always be young at heart. :) In fact, here are the two of them breaking in the new sink with a bath.





It was pretty slippery and Logan was splishing and splashing all over the place. His cute little tush just wouldn't stick to the bottom of the sink, even when we put in a little washcloth for him to sit on. Maybe it will work better when he can sit up all the way by himself. He's getting closer and closer everyday to sitting up and needs less and less help. He's rolled over a couple times now from front to back...sadly, the first time both of us missed it. I put him on his tummy to play and was talking to Morgan while he was doing some touch up work in the kitchen and when I looked back to check on Logan, he was on his back. We tried for the next 5 minutes to get him to do it again, but he just got mad, but happily we were able to catch him the act a couple days later. :)



Now that he's starting to roll around and try to explore, we have to keep a closer eye on him. Not a whole lot has really happened in the ward yet, since we've been so focused on our kitchen, and can't really invite anyone over for dinner without one, we haven't yet made much of an attempt to be social. There are some other great young couples though that we can't wait to teach Settlers of Catan.

For those of you BYU fans that follow the games, they played here in Tulsa last night (sad game really, we were so close). I was checking to see what time the game was and for some reason I thought it started at 5:00pm, so I thought it would be great fun to drive up to Tulsa (about 2 hours) and go to the game, it would be a little adventure and I've heard Tulsa is really pretty. So, we bought tickets, and then come to find out the game didn't actually start until 8:00pm (Oklahoma time), and if you figure it's about 4 hours for the game, and another 3 hours just to get out of the parking lot, and another 2 to get home, it would have been a very late night. Then Wade (Morgan's brother) gave us the idea of just getting a hotel and staying up there for the night, so we looked around, but it just wasn't in our budget. We had to eat the tickets because we couldn't find anyone else who wanted to go on such short notice, but we were able to watch the game over the internet, so I guess it turned out all right in the end, and we didn't have to pay for all the gas, hotel, and everything else for a game we lost anyway. And besides, Nola and Gary came over with Brayden and brought us strawberry shakes and the boys got to watch the game while Nola and I visited. It's so nice having family out here, it makes it feel a little more like home. I don't have a good segue into these pictures, but their too cute not to post.

Well, we love you all and hope that Happiness is finding you...if not, have him talk to me and I'll give him directions. And because of our late night football game, we're all exhausted and ready for our Sunday Afternoon Nap and hope you enjoy yours too. :) Until next time, keep smiling and eventually you'll convince yourself.