Sunday, June 5, 2016

May 29th - June 5th

We are having fun with "Family School" this summer.  The kids all chose subject they want to practice or learn over the Summer so we made a little rotation.  I chose Music..of course ;)  Tragon chose Spelling, Jaron chose Art, Logan & Damon chose Science.  And of course their reading time.  Week 1 went pretty well.  It gave us something to focus on for the first down week of the Summer.  I'm just glad that Rylea likes to color and draw, it really helps when we need to get stuff done.  I also had a week off from piano lessons and it was really nice to just be able to spend all the time with my fam.  I have a feeling we are going to be playing lots of games this summer and having lots of sleepovers outside.  :)


 We went to a part one day this week and Logan fell out of the swing, I think.  He got some road rash on his back of all places.  I think it was a combination of the texture of his shirt, and that it was wet, so it just rubbed the wrong way.
 Rylea is horrible to build towers with.  We get about 3 or 4 high and she knocks it over.  Morgan finally got one pretty tall and ended up knocking it over himself.  Haha.
 We started Cooking Classes this Summer too...that was Morgan's choice.  Our first lesson we played a game where we picked items from the kitchen and talked about what they are and what they are used for.  We didn't get to any cooking...hopefully next time though.






 We learned lots of fun stuff.  It's been a good family activity.
 This must have been a Damon tantrum during something I'm sure...or a really tired boy....it really could be either.
 A picture from Logan.
 He got 2nd place in the 3rd grade spelling bee.  We had no idea until he brought his certificate home the last day of school.

 The Summit Rock hunt has begun and we decided to go to the kick off part just for fun.  They had a bounce house maze that the boys played on for a while.


 It was so dreadfully hot though.  We took two cars knowing we all wouldn't last.  I ended  up taking the 3 younger kids home and Damon and Logan stayed and helped look for the rock for a little while.


 We must have worn all the kids out because on Sunday, I think every one of them took a nap during  sacrament meeting.  :)  That's what happens when you have 2:30 church...we didn't mind too much though.

 Damon wanted me to take pictures of his LEGO creations.  I love that the boys love Legos.  Rylea likes the big Legos and Jaron is getting pretty good at the little ones now.


 She is my couch potato sometimes.  Whenever I need to get anything done, she will watch Dora or Umizoomi.  She loves my ipad and phone way too much and we have been scaling back her screen time a lot!  But it is nice she will watch something now so I can still teach piano.

 This was probably after a family home evening with treats being popsicles.

 Our timeline for learning.  I'm a very visual person, so I like having a timeline with the big picture, it helps me places people and events when we are learning.
And, another piece of art by Logan.  I made him take down most of his pictures off his wall, but said I would take a picture and put them in our yearbook, so I did.  :)  This summer is going to be long and short at the same time, and fun and hard and crazy and awesome.  I'm looking forward to every moment.  Until next time...

No comments: