Monday, May 16, 2016

May 1st-8th

We are in the last month of school now.  Time to kick in the endure to the end batteries.  My boys have grown so much this year.  Tragon went from not even wanting to hold a pencil at the beginning of the year/summer and now he has some amazing penmanship.  He has been working so hard.

 For Family Home Evening we introduced our theme: Service.  We have been following the Friend monthly Heroes and this month is Ammon, one of my favorites.  We decided to do a little activity on family night.  Logan needed to do some whittling, so we incorporated "SOAP" into our lesson and activity and whittled soap.


 We each made lists of things we could do for service this month using the letters from SOAP.  Even Rylea got involved...after she was done picking her nose.










 It was a good lesson and we had some fun too.  I feel like as we have been striving to have more meaningful and better family home evenings it's been going pretty well.  Evenings are really hard though, I think our scripture study in the morning has been awesome.  We still struggle a lot with attention during Family Night, but it is getting slightly better each time.

Logan had pack meeting this week and was awarded his Wolf.  Scouts is good for him, he loves to receive the awards and recognition.  This night was the bike rodeo.  Logan went all out "modifying" his bike....I'm pretty sure he was the only one. :)  He did well on the course.

 Damon brought his bike too and was able to go on the course.  It's fun to see my boys growing up and see what they are learning and what they can do.  I'm pretty sure I have the most awesome kids in the world.




 Logan had Colonial Days at school and go to dress up, that boy loves to dress up, I need to get him into some acting.  :)  I was grateful we had something to scrape together to make it work.  I'm the complete opposite, I don't really like dressing up or get too much into the Halloween costumes and such.
 He wanted me to take a picture of the pensive pilgrim.

 This weekend Laura and Josh were sealed!!  I was so happy for them even though we weren't all able to go up for it.  We decided in the end it was best that I stay home with the kids and support my mom for her retirement and Morgan would go up and be with his family to support them.  It worked out for the best and we both had really good experiences over the weekend.

 My mom has taught so school for over 20 years now.  She is amazing and I hope that I can be half as good of a teacher as she is.  I still have so much to learn from her.  It was such a special day to be there and see all of the love and support she received.  She had many families that she had taught raise money to send her and my dad on an Alaskan Cruise, all expenses paid.  I'm so happy for her, she deserves it so much!



 She had some amazing tributes to her and they were spot on and it was wonderful to see others recognizing that.  Maybe someday she will realize how amazing she is for herself.  :)





 After the party-surprise, there was a little open house and we stayed to visit.  It was in the library and my baby girl LOVES books!  These just happened to be the first books she pulled out.  I thought it quite a coincidence.



 While I was busy with the retirement party, Morgan was busy helping get the wood pile all sorted out for his parents.  It's been a project he's been wanting to get done for a while now so it worked out it pretty good even though the weather was not super awesome.


 He also helped them re-build the grapevines.
 We had a friend over for the day whose mom was having a baby.  I broke out the Play Doh and then remembered why I don't get it out more often.  Hahaha.  It was fun though, just messy and when the kids are done, they are done and don't want to help clean up either.

 This little girl has been very clingy lately.  Which in some ways I don't mind, I love her snuggles and squeezes, but it does get a little hard when I'm trying to get stuff done around the house...then she ends up with way more ipad time than I would like.
My family is such a blessing.  I was born into a wonderful family, married in to one as well and my own personal family is more than I could ever ask for.  I love them all with all my heart!
Until next time....

No comments: