Sunday, January 31, 2016

January 25th - 31st

The kids love to play with Daddy.

 Instead of keeping papers throughout the year I've been taking pictures and then they make it into the yearbook instead of keeping all the paper around.  I like it and they will still be able to see some of their work in the future.  :)



 Rylea fell asleep the other day on the way home.  She loves to take her shoes and socks off in the car.  I'm not quite sure how they ended up in her mouth, but that's how I found her, so I took a quick picture.  It made me laugh.
 That girl's hair is wild and crazy and fluffy and hopefully someday it will grow into something manageable.  :)  In the meantime I still practice on all the nieces.
 Rylea loves to be outside and that is usually her first request of the day.  I'm looking forward to the warmer weather so we can spend more time outside.  We've been trying to take a walk outside after lunch everyday, we are doing pretty good.  Sometimes it's just being outside and playing.  Either way, we all just need some good ol' sunshine everyday.


On Friday we went to the temple on a double date with my parents.  We did sealings, it was so fun and a neat experience to be there with my parents.  They are such good examples to us.  Afterwards we went out to dinner since we had a little extra time before we needed to get the kids from the babysitter.  We went to Village Inn, I think the most memorable part would be the buttermilk biscuit, I laugh just thinking about it.  Hahaha.  The food was really good, except for this brown stale looking biscuit they brought out to Morgan.  He was going to say anything, but my dad piped up and said something, so they brought him out another one...identical to the first....hahahaha.  It was a good laugh, awful biscuit, but good laugh.  

On Saturday Morgan had the chance to go get his skiing fix.  He went up with the youth to Brian Head for the day.  He had a really good time, but also learned some valuable lessons, some about family and some about the buddy system.  :)

While he was gone, we had a Family Home Morning breakfast at Grandma's house.  After our lesson, and family council we were able to sneak in a couple rounds of Canasta before we all headed off to see Harlee at gymnastics meet/exhibition.  It brought back a lot of memories and made me long for the days when I could run and tumble.  I just don't know that my body will ever be able to do that again, I really would love to!  It did make me want to coach gymnastics though.  I've always thought that would be fun.  Maybe when Rylea is in school.

After the meet, my mom came over for her piano lessons.  I can't believe how much piano has boomed.  I love teaching piano and the kids I work with are great.  Right now I'm struggling with too many and trying to figure out what to do.  I'm sure I'll be able to figure it out though.  It's been such a blessing for our family right now.  Until next time....

No comments: