Monday, January 18, 2016

January 12th - 18th

We scored an awesome desk from a neighbor who was just giving it away.  I snagged it right up because the boys have been wanting a desk.  Now the fight is on for who gets to use it.  Oiy!  Rylea usually gets it whenever she wants though.  She definitely rules the roost here.


 I love this look she's giving Tragon who is trying to take the seat from her.


 I think Tragon had his homework done first and fastest when I told him he could use the new desk.
 Rylea girl is miss independent and I'll probably say it a million times before the year is out.  She pushed her chair up to the counter to get a banana.  She opened it too....well, sort of, it was half a banana leftover from someones breakfast.

I sent the video to Morgan and he got a few still shots that were too good to pass up.

 Rylea also graduated to a toddler bed this past weekend!  Yay, no more crib.  It was a good transition time for her and she loves it and we haven't had any problems yet...knock on wood.
 On Saturday we had quite the day.  We started out by getting the house cleaned, not without many tantrums and tears of course, but we finally finished around lunchtime (something that could have been done by 10:00).  We decided to load up and go get lunch together at Costco since I had to go to some shopping there anyway.

 It's a treat to each the giant pizza at Costco for them.  Most of them finished their food too!!  After we went shopping we took the truck through the car wash and then came home to hang out for a little bit.  Grandma came over and we were able to play some Canasta while Rylea took a nap and Papa and Morgan went and looked for trucks for my dad.
 Our neighbors invited us over for dinner and games that night too, so bonus we didn't have to get the kitchen clean or make lunch or dinner that day, it was great!  We had fun with the Burbanks and our kids all get along really well.
We realized a couple things this weekend though.  1)  Late night are really bad for the kids...and us.  When we don't get to bed at a decent hour that means we don't wake up when we should and don't get a very good start to the day.  2) It's just better to go to bed early and get up early, even on weekends.  ...sigh...I thought it would be nice to sleep in on weekends, but I actually feel so much worse when I sleep in and don't take my time in the morning to start my day right.  I've known this in the past, but I guess sometimes it just takes a really tough weekend to remind yourself.

Overall it was still a great, productive, fun-filled active weekend, we just need to keep balance.  :)  Until next time....

No comments: