Monday, January 11, 2016

January 3rd - 11th Happy New Year!!! 2016

We've been starting off the new year trying to be better at playing and having fun!  So, we decided to make sock puppets for "preschool." The kids loved it and it kept them entertained for at least 30 minutes!
Jaron wanted blue short spiky hair...we tried our best.
Brittyn has Patriot Pigtails.
 And Auri had an Elsa sock puppet.
 Rylea girl is getting more and more bold, writing on the stool was just not enough,
 No, she had to climb on the stool to finish her pictures.  That girl loves to draw with pens, pencils, crayons, markers, anything that will make a mark.
 The boys thought it would be a good idea to put Elmer's Glue all over the driveway...well, mostly Jaron, but the others were not all innocent bystanders, so they all worked together to scrub my driveway.
 Halfway through cleaning one of the boys' friends said, "I don't usually like cleaning, but I'm really enjoying this"  hahaha  boys, you can come scrub the driveway anytime you want!


 This year for Christmas the boys all got a certificate to pick a date with mom/dad/both/family.  Tragon's was the first one planned and he chose to go to the park with the family, so on Saturday we got a picnic together and headed to the park.
 It was a little colder than we thought, but we still spent a good hour and half there playing around.  The boys made some friends and Rylea had a blast!

 We were all very glad that Tragon chose to include the whole family on his special activity.


 Jaron found the joy of going down the slide Superman style, I think he spent pretty much the entire time on the slides.

 Rylea is going to be Miss Independent.  She already pushes chairs to the island and hangs out while I'm cooking.
 She's seen us peel oranges several times now, so she decided to go for it herself, she actually did pretty good until she could see a little bit of the orange, then she just kept gouging it with her fingers, so I helped her before it got too messy.

 This year we are focusing on getting our house in order and patching things up and we started in the hardest room....the toy room....I felt like I pretty much patched the entire wall and probably would have been better off to just re-mud the whole room!!!
 But, I did get some awesome shelves.  Set two are going up this week.  It will be so nice to have some toys higher up that need a little help to get down and a place for it so it's not scattered all over the floor.  Spring Cleaning has started a little early this year.  We are just going keep working on one room until we get it all done and then move to the next as a family until the whole house is in tip top shape....which will probably last a week and then we'll have to do it all over again.  oiy!  But at least I'll fee like I'm trying.
 We've been missing the DVD remote for months now.  It's only a problem when you need to access a menu on the DVD, but most of the kids stuff you can just push play on the DVD player or it's the auto start after previews, but there have been a couple times that we needed it and didn't have it.  Well, as I was sprucing up Rylea's room, I found it behind her changing table...I have no idea how it got there, except now that I'm typing this, I vaguely remember her bringing it in there and while changing a diaper she dropped it and I had the thought, I should get that right now before I forget it's back there.  Or what really happened was that it happened when a babysitter was here...yeah, I'll go with that.
 Damon's picture from school.
 Rylea was stretching with Daddy after his run.  It was adorable.

 She is a daddy's girl.
 She found her headband and put it on all by herself.  She was so proud and said "pretty"

 She loves to run races with Jaron during the day, they just run back and forth across the house, it's awesome.
 She fits into her pink cowgirl boots.  She it definitely a shoe girl.  She will bring you her shoes and turn around and park it in your lap until you put her shoes on, but then in the car she always takes them off.  Silly girl.
 Her love after shoes, and writing utensils, is books.  She loves books!  And I love that she loves books.
 A Christmas ornament that Logan made at school that didn't quite get home in time to be on the tree, but I thought we better get it into the yearbook.  Love that kiddo!

I love the start of a New Year.  Most of the time my ambitions get away from me and I end up with a million goals and feel like I never accomplish any of them, but this year I'm really wanting to focus on just a couple.  As a family we are focusing on Family Scripture Study.  We wake the kids up early and study in the morning before breakfast, it has been amazing.  We have had some really good discussions already and the boys all participate and aren't distracted by the food. :)  My personal goal is to focus on prayer and within that focus of prayer being able to receive answers to my prayers about how to be a better mom and what I need to focus on for each individual child.  I love my family so much and want to be a good mom and teach my boys to be good.  The task is very daunting, but I know that I have my Savior's help to strengthen me physically, emotionally, and spiritually as I take on the task.  I also have the most wonderful eternal companion by my side to help me and be my partner in this crazy ride of parenthood.  I couldn't do it without him!  Until next time...


No comments: