Monday, March 10, 2014

Catching Up on the Hadlock Shenanigans

So over the past month or so, here are a few noteworthy things...or at least things I got pictures of so I can remember them better.  :)
 We finally got our Solar Oven.  It has been really fun to experiment.  I'm even more excited with the time change though.  The sun will be in a better spot at better times during our scheduled day.  So far we have tried cookies and zucchini bread.  They both turned out really good.  Down side, stuff takes quite a bit longer to cook, plus side, I don't have to heat up the house with the oven, especially when it's going to get really hot here in the summer.  And it's just a fun toy to play with right now.

 We've been trying to read more with the boys and have some reading time each day.  Tragon's favorite books are Thomas the Tank Engine Books, Damon love Hot Wheels, LEGO, and Dr. Suess books, and Logan likes Flat Stanley, Magic Tree House, and whatever else he can find.
 Jaron and Tragon are laying with a fun toy that Grandma Hadlock sent for Bear's birthday...probably should have put that on the birthday post, oh well.
 This picture doesn't quite capture it, but when Damon falls asleep in the car his eyes usually stay open.  Kinda creepy and funny at the same time.  I love when all the boys fall asleep in the care when we pick Logan up.  I even go extra early so I can have some quiet time in the car.
 Tragon was throwing a major fit one day and I told him to go clean his room.  He thrashed around for a bit and yelled and screamed and then it stopped, so I went and checked on him and he was dead asleep.  :)  I guess every once in a while even he still needs a nap.
 One of our FHE activities was building towers with blocks and trying to knock them over with the Nerf darts.  The boys love it.  We found out they stick to jammies too.  hehehe


 I almost took my thumb off with our veggie slicer.  It was a big enough piece that I found it later too.  Kinda gross I know.  It's healing up quite nicely though.  And luckily I did not pass out or come close until after I changed the bandage that night before bed and Morgan was home with me to help.
 Tragon had another fight with his face.  He was running up the stairs and tripped and hit the corner of the stairs with his lips.  I was on the phone with tech support and it didn't look too bad, so I kind of ignored it.  It mostly looked like his chapped lips had cracked, but he was crying bloody murder.  I turned back a few seconds later and his mouth was full of blood and dripping on me.  Needless to say, I ended my conversation pretty quick and got him cleaned up.  His teeth split his upper lip pretty bad.  The pictures don't quite show the fatness of his lips because they were both pretty fat, but it was pretty funny to hear him talk for the next day or so while the swelling was going down.  I'm surprised at how fast the mouth injuries heal though, it was just a couple days until he was back to normal.
I love my wild and crazy boys, we have a lot of good times.  :)  Here's to more this year and staying more up to date on our blogging journal.  Until next time...

1 comment:

heidijogoody said...

You won't know what to do when you have a girl with all those crazy boys! Looks like you guys are having fun using your sun oven. We have one too but I hate to admit we haven't been as ambitious in trying things in it ;)