Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Sabrina is Finally Here!

I get to have a daughter for 3 weeks!  We will be having a German Exchange Student with us and her name is Sabrina and the boys adore her.

It was pretty crazy just getting here.  The students got delayed in Amsterdam, then missed the connecting flights from Houston and had to spend the night there, then missed the first flight out...
But finally made it here.  The boys actually did fairly well at the airport.  I was all ready with shows on the Kindle Fire and snacks, but I totally forgot about the Kindle, so it got a little crazy after waiting for about 30 minutes.






We made a poster for her on Family night and the boys held it up.  I can't believe that we didn't get a picture with her at the airport, but I'm going to try and do better taking pictures the next three weeks so we all have some fun memories of this experience.
Tragon has been Sabrina's shadow when she is home.  I think either Saturday evening or Sunday evening I let Damon and Logan take some pictures, so here are a few.
I told them I would only keep pictures with people in them.  So they went around and got pictures of everyone.  Morgan has been a really good sport with this and is good at asking Sabrina questions.  I felt myself get really shy the couple days, but now I feel much more comfortable.
Damon loves to tell Sabrina things, but his speech is a little harder for her to understand.  Damon was able to get her to ride scooters a little bit though.  :)
And Sabrina has been such a good sport with all the boys clinging to her.  Her English is very good and I think she is starting to feel more comfortable and talk more.
Logan is never short on conversation and has been giving Sabrina a lot of practice in English.
Some of the pictures are out of order, but it's too much effort to fix them.  Oh well.  On Sunday afternoon we took a drive up AF canyon.  It was a lot colder than we expected, but we took some caramel popcorn with us and went anyway.  We'll have to go again, when it's not as cold later in the weeks.
I think this was when I was actually in the process of making the caramel popcorn.
The boys love her to be around them.  They are all watching Phineas and Ferb.
Jaron warmed up to her right away too and gives her lots of smiles.  I think he's been teething though, he has been super drooly and super cranky and clingy the last week or so.

It was our turn on Saturday to help clean and set up the church for Sunday, so she kept the little ones entertained in the Nursery while we got things done pretty quick.
Logan wanted to show her how well he could read, so he was reading stories to her one night while I was making dinner.  This helps me out extremely to have someone entertain the boys a little while I'm trying to cook some good meals.  :)
Jaron climbed in the cupboard after a toy in the nursery.
And Sabrina on the scooter.  It's still been a little cold to be outside a lot, but I'm glad that the weather is supposed to get warmer.  I love being able to be outside with the kids.  Well, we are doing our best to have fun and show Sabrina fun things to do around here.  I'm sure we'll have lots more fun stories to tell, so until next time...

No comments: