Friday, March 1, 2013

Marching Along

March is here and I hope Spring comes quickly.  It has been nice the last couple days and been wonderful to be outside more.  Although we find ways to have fun inside too.
 I love that Morgan reads to the boys.  He's a lot better at stories before bed than I am, usually if I'm putting the kids to bed alone, I skip it or don't read as many.
 The boys built a fun bed out of cushions.  I think they were just lying there for a good 30 minutes, which is almost an eternity for a kid.


 Jaron even got to join in the fun.
 With the passing of February we finished up our theme poster for the month.  I have to say I was a little hesitant that we would fill the poster, but I think we did a commendable job.  There were a few things that I left out too, mostly because I just forgot to write them down.  Anyway, it was amazing how many things you really are involved in when you really start listing it all.  Writing it down also helped to re-prioritize the things that we are being involved in.  I'm glad with have stayed involved in our FHE endeavors and our themes, I think it has really helped our family focus on little bites at a time that are manageable.

Damon got to pick the "Be" for this month and he chose Be True.  Again, I wasn't quite sure how to go about this in making it something that we can track and making it more tangible and understandable, but I found some good pictures in the Friend and this morning when I was reading my scriptures, I just happened to be in Alma 53 and verse 20 just popped out and said pick me pick me, so this month we have a scripture to go along with our monthly theme.

I love my boys and I love my family and I want to keep doing everything in my power to keep the Spirit in our home and make it a place of refuge from the confusion and chaos of the world.  Until next time...

No comments: