Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Wonderful Summertime

Most of these pictures are really from the last post, but I just don't want to go in and edit it.This is Logan's poor Igor eye when he got his eye infections.
He was really good about the eye, except for the eyedrops part. I hope we don't have to do that for a long long time.
I can't remember if I mentioned that we went up the canyon one weekend. AF Canyon is really close, so we usually get a year round pass. This time was fun because both boys were old enough to walk on their own and enjoy it.
It took them a little while to warm up to the scene, it was pretty crowded, but as soon as we started throwing rocks in the water, they loved it.
The wanted to go in the water really bad, but as soon as we took their shoes off and tried to get them in, they got cold feet...hehe.
Logan preferred just throwing rocks, but he really liked the big rocks the best.
Damon loved the bridge. It would really make Morgan nervous, but he would get right up to the edge and he could stick his head through the bars. Luckily it never got stuck. He did almost run right off the edge though where some of the concrete had been broken.
He's got a little more balance than I give him credit for, but he just has no fear, so it makes me nervous too.
This is one of my favorite things about my husband, he loves to read stories with the kids and they love to sit on his lap and read with him.
I have the greatest husband in the whole world! And the best boys too!
This was at our Hadlock family reunion. They were eating some rolls and Damon insisted on sitting by Logan, even though he had been clinging to me the previous 10-15 minutes. I just love how close they are becoming. Logan is really starting to catch on to the whole big brother thing and most days does really well with it. Damon really looks up to Logan and wants to do everything just like him. And for the most part Logan is okay with it right now.

So, moving on to this recent week...still sick and trying to get better, but I think I am getting better, but we keep passing things around. I just hope that we are all healthy before the baby gets here, which can't come fast enough. We are so ready to have this baby out of my tummy! We're hanging in there though, I know just about everyone hates being pregnant in the summer when it's so hot, but this summer has been quite mild so far, so it's not actually the weather that's killing me, it's my lack of motion, energy, and stamina....and the fact that I wake up every two hours to go to the bathroom in the night since my baby insists on resting/kicking my bladder all night long. :)

We had a great 4th of July weekend. We got a lot done and Morgan had an extra day off work. We had a little BBQ with his family that turned out really nice and relaxing, and we even watched the neighbors fireworks a little bit. Even though my kids were terrified of fireworks earlier, they sort of figured out they wouldn't get hurt and liked them in the end. I guess we'll have to start incorporating some fireworks in our traditions next year. It's about time now that Logan is understanding holidays more and Morgan and I are wanting to make sure we have some fun traditions that we do each year. Some things just fall into place, but others we want to start new with our little family.

This year has really got us both thinking about our freedoms and our blessings and now that Morgan doesn't have to study every night we've been reading some books together. Right now we're reading The 5000 year leap it's really good if you haven't read it. There are so many things that we have taken for granted that I hope we can show more gratitude for. We are truly blessed to live in this nation regardless of current circumstances. There will always be trials and challenges and things will happen that we may not agree with, but as long as we keep our faith and are diligent in doing what's right and good, we have been blessed to live in the promised land and pray that it will remain so. Until next time...

No comments: