Monday, June 28, 2010

Umm, Basically the rest of June in a Nutshell

I didn't realize that it had been so long since I posted and quite a bit has happened. Having our baby is not one of them, but hopefully soon, I'm growing very impatient to have our little Tragon in the family. Anyway, so clear back to June 12th. Morgan flew out to Minneapolis for almost a week to take his big final Dosimetry Board Exam. YAY it's done with!!!!! We won't know the results for probably another 6 weeks or so, but we're pretty sure that he passed, but if he didn't he feels like at least he knows a better way to study and a little more how to go about things. It was a pretty busy and stressful week not having him there and we missed him so much.

I have some wonderful friends who helped out with the kids while I had appointments. I finally had my last dentist appointment for what was about a year long procedure. YAY! And we even had some friends come over about midnight while I went to go get Morgan at the airport Wednesday night.

Just after Morgan got home the kids both got a really bad eye infection. It started with Logan, then it got his other eye, and then it got one of Damon's eye's. The dr. never said it was pinkeye, just a bacterial infection. Those eye drops were torture to put in and they sure put up a fight. Logan has some seriously tough eyelid muscles. :) Then after the eye infections cleared up we all got colds. Logan is pretty much better, but Damon is still hanging on to his cough, as am I after about a week. Morgan has been pretty busy lately too, but on Saturday I was finally able to take a"rest" day and Morgan took care of us and I think I'm starting on the uphill now.

On Friday 25th we had the Hadlock Family Reunion. It was fun and our kids actually did quite well for not feeling well. We locked the keys in the van and Morgan had to get a ride down to Lehi and get the spare key ( he was gone for about an hour and a half, maybe two hours)....at least we had a spare key...and we got the diaper bag out before the doors closed. :) As tiring as it was, it was still fun.

Me and Damon stayed home again on Sunday (the Sunday before because of eye infections). Logan made it through one hour of nursery before he was ready to come home too, so we watched some movies until Daddy got home. I got to take a nap and then we had some friends over for dinner and games. They smoked us at Monopoly Deal, so I think there is definitely a re-match on the horizon.

I have a doctor appointment today in just a little while. Today is the day we talk about different labor options, and as much as I would like this baby to come on his own and be patient, if I can have him a little early, I'm all for it. Logan was induced a day or two after his due date and Damon was induced a week early and still bigger than Logan, so at this point I'm all for it, it's all I've known. Being pregnant in the summer is tough...being pregnant in the summer and sick with a bad cough is even worse. I'm afraid I'm going to cough this baby right out. :) So, hopefully my "due date" will get bumped up just a little bit. Until next time.....when I have the energy to post some pictures.

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

I can't believe you're so close to having baby #3!!! I'm so excited for you. Good luck with it all.

Adams Family said...

Man it’s such a crummy feeling, the end of pregnancy… you want it to just be over with and have that little baby in your arms. I’ve got to tell you, #1 was induced on time, #2 Came on time on his own 9so exciting) and #3 was induced 2 weeks late so….what did I prefer the most? I loved going in to labor unexpectedly…it’s like a surprise Christmas and so much more exciting than going to the hospital the night before, you can’t sleep anyhow because of the anticipation. But I also loved how #3 was a 2-push baby unlike the #1 (almost 2 hours) and #2 (45 minuets). No matter what you decide it’ll be great and satisfying. I hope your feeling better now. We love you guys and are so excited for you!!

Kristen said...

I can't imagine being pregnant right now. I was dying at the end of April. Word to the wise, if you have a choice, get rid of the cough before you give birth! Coughing just after giving birth hurts. (Yeah, I was still recovering from being sick when I had Ellie.) No matter how it happens, I hope it goes well. I don't know what you have lined up for help, but let me know when you want dinner! I'd be happy to bring it up before or after. :)

Tosha G said...

Hopefully all goes well. I had Bronchitis with Kelsie and it was not fun. I've never been induced and have mixed feeling, but I am done being pregnant and consented to an induction on Sat. Not the best day, but I wans't about to argue with the dr. when He was offering to do it on a Sat. It's fun to go on your own, but it's been nice to plan and have everything done and not wonder when the baby is going to come. Good Luck!

Jen said...

We bought our bunk beds at John Paras furniture. We looked at a million places, but most of the less expensive ones require low profile matresses or else the railings won't be sufficient. If you don't care about that, Wal-mart has some pretty good ones. Since we wanted to use the matress we already owned, we found this bunk bed. It was on sale for $299 and is an excellent one. We love it!

Personally I've really liked planned induction. I'm starting to feel pretty ready to be done and I still have 2 1/2 months to go. Good luck with your baby!