Saturday, June 12, 2010

A/C or Heater?

This past week we had some fun. We had a picnic in the park during one of Morgan's study breaks. It was really good weather.The kids know exactly what happens when we get the blanket out and Damon will crowd around the lunchbox to see what's inside.
Then he found the camera and thought that was more interesting. :)
I'm not sure why Logan was clinging on to Morgan, someone might have come over and said hi and he went all shy, but I thought they were sweet pictures.
Both the boys have started to balance out their mommy's-boy vs daddy's-boy and we get to both enjoy those times.
And of course Logan's silly cheese smile.
I think this was actually on Sunday and we decided to have a picnic dinner on the porch. We had popsicles and of course made a mess, so we figured it was warm enough to whip out the hose and clean off the porch and sidewalk.
Both the boys loved playing in the water and especially getting drinks from the hose. I can't wait until the weather is more consistent and we can do this more often.
I was actually surprised at how much Logan loved being in the water, he usually hates to be messy or wet.
And Damon wanted to be just like his big brother.
Logan is telling us about the ants that we washed away on the sidewalk. They like to talk to the bugs and the ants...and then they stomp on the them. I'm allergic to ants, but I don't know if they are, but I don't want to really have to find out the hard way.

Our air conditioner was having some glitches, but we got that fixed and it was sooo nice to have cool crisp air flowing through the house....and then yesterday, I had to turn on the heater...yes, I had to turn the heater back on in the middle of June! I woke up and our house was like 60 degrees. And it turned out that we ended up just leaving it on for the day and it's still on, but I'm hopeful that by the end of the day I'll be able to turn it off again.

We woke up early today and took Morgan to the airport. He takes his big Dosimetry Board Exam tomorrow in Minneapolis. Then he'll be there until late Wednesday night at the big annual Dosimetry Conference. We're sure going to miss him and be praying for him that he'll pass his test the first time (which I'm sure he will). Once it's finally finished we'll get to breath a sigh of relief and school will really really really be done. Our next big event will probably be the baby and then we're going to try and get started on our basement this summer. I'm excited, anxious, and ready for both to happen. :) Until next time...

2 comments:

Kristen said...

We were enjoying the warm weather too... How is it that whenever the weather turns bad, it's the weekend? When it finally decides to be summer again, lets plan a picnic either at a park or one of our places. Good luck to Morgan! I'm sure he'll do great on the exam. :)

heidijogoody said...

Isn't this weather just the craziest..we had to turn on our heater too this week