Thursday, February 25, 2010

Here I Come to Save the Day!

Wow! Time flies when you're having fun, or are really busy. :) This week I tried to introduce my kids to playing Superman. Of course, they were adorable, but only lasted about minutes in the cape. I don't get it. Superman was my favorite game. I have childhood pictures of me tying dish-towels around my neck and running around the house and yard. My boys seemed more intent on trying to get the "cape" off.
We did have fun for a few minutes though. I guess we'll just have to build up to playing new games. I did feel like a good mom for trying though. Now that I'm getting back a little more energy and I don't feel so "carsick" all the time, it helps the time pass to find games to play while we're still stuck indoors with the cold weather.

Saturday was fun. We went swimming in our basement, sort of. The kids were downstairs watching a show as usual while Morgan and I were taking our showers and getting ready for the day, when Logan starts yelling and saying, "Mommy, the water is coming" I thought, oh it must be one of his shows, so I sort of ignored it until he started coming up the stairs. Then I thought Damon must have turned the show off.

Nope. Our basement flooded a little bit. We can't find any evidence of how or why it happened and we're baffled by it. I'm just glad it didn't cover the entire basement, and nothing got ruined and especially grateful we hadn't invested any time or money finishing it yet. Now we need to figure out the problem.

Our best theory is that something clogged the drain for a while until the water pressure was enough to clear it out, but the water wasn't dirty like sewer water or anything, so we don't know if it backed up, or just clogged. I have a hard time imagining that this came from the little drips that naturally come from the appliances. We'll call the home warranty department and see if they know anything, but we haven't had any problems since.

Logan loves the camera and knows how to take pictures. I would have posted some, but he didn't quite grasp the concept of getting people in the pictures, so it was a lot of pictures of his thumb, and the carpet. Maybe next time our budding photographer will have something.

Logan giving Mommy smooches. The other day I said, I love you Logan, and without hesitation or help he said, I love you too Mom. It melted my heart.

And of course this little guy melts my heart too. He's really starting to talk up a storm and tries to keep up with his brother in about everything. Who knows, maybe we'll have both kids potty trained before the new baby arrives, wouldn't that be a miracle. :)

His smile is so contagious and I can't help but smile when he does.
The kids love to have a "picnic" and today I let Logan be in charge after he grabbed the box of Kix from the counter. Damon would go over by him and sign and say "peese" and Logan would give him some Kix. It was really cute! They are both getting a little better at sharing, but also a little more stubborn. Logan knows if he takes a toy Damon is playing with that Damon will have a meltdown and Damon also knows how to purposely intrude on Logan's space and make him upset. But in the end they prefer hugs to hitting. At least right now, so I'll cherish that while it lasts. :) Until next time...

2 comments:

heidijogoody said...

Such cute pictures... I hope you guys are able to find out what caused the little flood downstairs! Floods are never good.

Mike and Quel said...

That is a bummer. Our crawlspace floods non-stop, but since nothing but dirt is down there, oh well!