Thursday, February 18, 2010

Warm Weather

I love that the weather is getting a bit warmer, although I wouldn't mind a couple more big snow storms, we sure could use it. These last couple weeks have gone by really fast. This is the latest form of entertainment for the boys. They like to tip the chairs over and climb all over them.
We've only have a few cuts and bruises, but boys will be boys!

And it really does keep them occupied while I'm making dinner or unloading the dishwasher, or something like that.

I love this little guy. He's been teething lately, all four of his canines, just how Logan's came in. One finally popped through, but he still occasionally wakes up at night. Tylenol has been our best friend lately. I love those baby blues though!

Well, we're not starting potty training with Damon, but he likes to do whatever Logan does, so maybe we will :) We're starting slow, first just getting Logan even excited about underwear. I let him pick out some at the store and they had a blast wearing them all night.
Of course, they had to wear them on top of their pajamas. It took me a while to convince Logan that they go "under" your clothes, like "under"wear. :)

Before we started the potty adventures though we took a trip to St. George for President's Day weekend. It was also our 6-year engagement anniversary. Papa made "Wilson" the mouse for the boys.
Damon was a little too occupied with the camera and the piano, but he giggled a couple of times.

Logan thought it was pretty fun, but was still a little nervous. Maybe when he's just a little bit older he'll appreciate Wilson more.
So, when we got back home I had a doctor appointment. Everything seemed normal, and then they tried to get a heart beat and that little baby was being a stinker and we couldn't find it. I started to get nervous thinking something happened, but they said we'd do an ultrasound to make sure everything was okay. My real ultrasound appointment isn't until next week, but we did take a sneak peek and everything looks normal and healthy and it's a...............................BOY!
Of course, what else would it be. :) We'll just get all our boys out and then we'll have that baby girl that I know is going to come eventually. We're really excited though, we're already set up for boys. :)
Speaking of boys though, potty training really sucks! Actually I really have no idea what I'm doing. I did order a couple books off Amazon to give me some ideas, but I tried just putting Logan in underwear and seriously not 5 minutes after he peed, but not in the potty. And then it was mostly my fault for the other 3 accidents because I just kept getting distracted and didn't get him on the potty soon enough. He would sit on the potty AFTER he already went. I couldn't handle the smell of pee though, so that's when I got the books and said we'll try again another day...that and Logan kept requesting a diaper. :) So, if you have any ideas, let me know. I'm just not even sure Logan is physically ready, but we'll see how it goes the next little while. Until next time...

8 comments:

Sandra said...

Send Damon to Dave and Jamie's for the day and spend the day in the bathroom. Bring in books and activities he can do while sitting on the toilet. It's a long day but it works. Or so I'm told. We tried for 2 hours and I got too bored. But then we know the rest of the story...

Sandra said...

Oh, congrats on the boy. I knew it was going to be a boy but I didn't want to get your hopes dashed. You're going to have 6 of them and then you'll quit only to find out in the next life that baby #7 was a girl.

Unless of course you go for #7 and #8. Then you'll have 8 little boys. Your destined. It's a Hadlock thing.

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

I think we're both going to be surrounded by boys! I just know my next child will be a boy. They are great though, I love my little Donovan and Logan and Damon are so much fun! I'm struggling with potty training too. I just don't think Donovan is ready...but I really wish he was! Every time I change a poopy diaper, I wish he was potty trained. I guess that should be my motivation. Good luck! Let me know if anything works!

heidijogoody said...

Another boy! I guess you guys will just be really good at doing boys! I don't have any tips for training boys because I never have but I know several moms of boys who have just had to let them figure it out and do it on their own. Good luck

Jessica said...

Congrats on another boy! How exciting!

With Lucas we did a potty timer, we actually used a potty watch for the first few days. It would go off every 15 minutes and you get them excited with a song or something and take them and sit them on a toilet, you slowly start extending the time and they start to figure it out. It worked pretty well for us, but every kid is different.

Kristen said...

Congrats! Another fun boy to run around the house! :)

Good luck with the potty training. Let me know if you have any tips as you go through the process. I'm dreading that day. All I know is Janet used cheerios floating in the toilet for target practice. (Found that out when Tyson was on his mission... lol)

Jen said...

Congrats on having another boy! I'm sure they'll have a lot of fun running around together.
We tried training Parker several times. We'd try for a few hours, but he didn't seem to have any advanced notice it was coming, so I just decided to wait until later. I waited until he turned three and tried again. In the first two weeks he had only two accidents. We still put him in a diaper or pull-ups at night, but after a couple weeks he kept waking up dry so we stopped that too. It was so easy. For us it was worth waiting until he was ready.
Good luck!

Adams Family said...

Annie!! Wow, another BOY! How exciting!! Addie will have her pick of three younger men, what a cougar! Wow that’s bad, I’m just kidding but we love your family! About that potty thing….I know what you mean. Thomas is three next week on the 4th and I guess we’ll try once again. I think that potty timer is a great idea. I think it’s great for me because when we tried going to the potty every 15min before we missed the time till it was to late. That’s what happens with more than one kids and being busy….Potty training takes so much time the second time around….I think it’s a boy thing…Addie was a mothers dream come true! We love you and miss you! Good Luck!