Saturday, February 6, 2010

February?

My, my, my, January went by dreadfully slow, but now that the first week of February is basically over, it's cruisin'. I think we're finally settling into a nice groove at home and it helps that there have been some bright days this week and we have actually gone outside and taken fun walks and met friends in the neighborhood. Logan and Damon found the backpack a while ago and Logan loves to put it on and say, "see ya later, I'm going to school" or work, or the store. I think he's going to have a really fun time at school in several years of course, I don't think I'm quite ready for him to be that old yet.
For as picky of an eater that Logan is (which has actually been getting better) he loves bologna. I used to love bologna as a kid, but now the thought of it makes me queasy, I even hate the smell it leaves on my hands after I take of that little red band around it (yeah, it's only on the cheap kind, but Logan eats it, so why go for "gourmet" bologna).
I'm glad they like it though. They won't eat it as part of a sandwich, but if I do pieces of bologna, cheese, and crackers, they'll eat it like a "lunchable" meal. This was just a snack so I gave them the whole piece, they thought that was pretty fun too.
And I don't normally let the kids on the table (well, when we play Play-Doh, or with crayons, it's just easier to have Damon up there), but Damon can now climb up on the chairs and onto the table and it's his favorite pastime. He'll spend hours just going up and down and giving me that look when I tell him to climb down from the table. Yeah, he knows he's not supposed to be up there to and he does it just to tease me. Damon is such a teaser. He loves to tease and taunt Logan too.
Logan has also taken an interest in "cooking" lately. I've had to re-arrange a few counter items (ahem, steak knives) so they can't reach them anymore. He usually pulls it up to the stove, but I actually needed the stove, so we found a good compromise in letting them pull chairs up to the island to "help" me cook.
I was making some really good buttery sauteed brussel sprouts (I know, sounds gross, but they taste just like broccoli that way and so are edible). I let Logan and Damon play with all the sprout discards and they spent I think a good hour putting them in the cups and then dumping them out. Logan especially loved being able to use the tongs. Damon just liked to dump the cups out.
We were playing with some balls this week and Logan threw this one up and it just stopped right there between the blinds. It was hilarious. I had to take a picture for proof, although now that I'm writing about it, this picture just doesn't do the moment justice.

Anytime the kids see the camera it's a chorus of "cheese." And they both try to get their picture taken.
Look, a semi-normal smile. Logan is such a handsome little guy. He's also a very friendly little guy. When we go on walks around the neighborhood he practically jumps out of the stroller to go play with his "friends" (anyone who is walking is pretty much his friend). He's usually really good with other kids too about staying in the area, I don't have to worry as much about him or Damon wandering off if there is a group. So, here's to warmer weather and meeting more friends, until next time....

2 comments:

heidijogoody said...

Oh the girls were always such pains when it came to climbing up on the table I finally resulted in putting the kitchen chairs up on the table so they wouldn't climb up there!

Sandra said...

What animal does bologna come from? Ew...can't stand the stuff. In fact, I hate it so much I won't even allow it in the house.

Just looking at the pictures makes me queasy.

Yay for warmer(?) weather.