Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Marching Along

Ah, March, it has begun so quickly. So, quite a bit has actually happened in the last little while. I haven't posted in a couple weeks because our computer got a very nasty, very sneaky virus. Needless to say, we ended up having to change our credit card information (our bank was so awesome when this whole mess happened), we had to completely re-format (totally erase EVERYTHING) on our computer, and re-load it all, and now we're going to have to keep tabs on our credit for a while to make sure nothing fishy turns up. We didn't have any anti-virus software installed and we totally paid the price. We were even considering scrapping our computer and getting a new one, but luckily we have an awesome brother who loaned us his portable hard drive and we were able to save all our files and get our computer cleaned up and back to normal and now it's running faster than it has for a long time. We still need to do a few adjustments to it though, I busted our CD/DVD burner so we need to get that fixed, but that seems like a lot less than paying for a whole new computer. And we did order some good antivirus software and learned our lesson. On good news though, I have some awesome kids who keep me on my toes, but make life fun.
Lately we have been doing puzzles. Damon just likes to put in the pieces in the box and take them out.

But Logan insists that I help him do the puzzle (about 20 times each sitting). It does get a little monotonous, but since I do get to sit down I can't complain too much. He's getting better at the puzzles too. Pretty soon he can just do them by himself and I'll be doing them 20 times with Damon.

Although, sometimes even he gets lucky enough to fit a piece by himself.

I do have to make sure they have separate puzzles though. These are great from the dollar store. 25 pieces and fairly durable, at least for what it is.

This past week was a week of nesting and projects. Since Damon was born when Logan was 17 months, I feel like I should be having this new baby right now since Damon is 17 months and my nesting habits are kicking in already. I really wanted to do something with the "nursery"/boys' room. I had this great vision of paint and decor and once I got that in my head I couldn't sleep until it was done. So, one morning I went and got the fabric and made these curtains. Logan was actually really excited about them though I'm not sure why. I was going to surprise Morgan with the painting while he was away for his test review in Houston next week, but honestly once I bought the paint I cracked it out that same day. I'm so impatient...no wonder my kids are too. :) Anyway. I'm SOOOOO glad that I didn't wait. It was a much bigger project than I anticipated, but I LOVE it! And my husband was such a good sport and trooper and helped me out with it. I can't imagine having done it by myself. I'm good with a paint brush, but no good with a paint roller. So, here's the finished project: Just imagine the curtains with the room because the picture I got of it was really dark and didn't turn out and Damon is sleeping right now so I don't want to get another one right now...maybe later:

I started out doing the light blue around the room, I had to tape and measure everything and surprisingly it turned out straight and level across the whole room.
Then we painted all the brown/tan color on top. It was interesting trying to get that done with the kids hanging around. Damon is brave and likes to climb up and down the ladder, but Logan will only go about two steps.

Logan was really excited when he saw all the painted balls on the walls. "Look mom, a soccer ball, and a basketball, and an ice cream cone (golf ball on a golf tee-he knows that now)."

It was a really fun project and I'm glad it's done. I think it will satiate my desire to paint the rest of the house for a while. I really like painting, but I'd forgotten how much of a chore it is....kinda like having kids, once enough time passes you want to do it again. :)
There are still a few touch ups to do where the kids touched the paint or smeared it, but I think I got most of the big places. I'm just glad it's dry now!

The boys love it and so do I. It turned out just the way I wanted. I think the only thing we'll add later are some murals on the wall, maybe a soccer scene, or basketball, or football, or something like that. The top walls still seem so bare. I do have some shelves that might make it look better, but the biggest part is now complete! So, since that has really been my focus we haven't done much else. Potty training is at about the same as it was two weeks ago...non-existent. He still insists on sitting on the potty for an hour before bathtime, but nothing happens and he absolutely refused to wear underwear, "no, mom, I just need another diaper" soon though we're going to have to take the next step. Today while I was making some flight arrangements for Morgan's review next week he comes up and says "mom, can you wash the poo poo off my hand" yep, he stuck his hand down his diaper full of poo. It was not a very happy moment, but now he's quietly watching Curious George downstairs, so I think I'll go take a nap. Whew....until next time....

3 comments:

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

I love their room! I bet they love it too. Potty training is rough...especially when they don't want to go without their diapers! Donovan is really good at telling me he needs to go pee, but he still poops in his diaper...I guess it's just going to take him a little longer than other kids! I am so impatient though, I'm like my mother. If I want something done, I want it done quickly and efficiently! I guess Donovan just doesn't feel the same way about it. I'm sorry about your computer problems! It really is a pain. We finally got ours back after it crashed and I lost all my videos and a few pictures.

heidijogoody said...

How did you finally realize you had a virus? that is too bad. The room turned out so great did you use a stensil for all those balls and stuff around the room or did you free hand them? That really was a project and it turned out so great good job!

Jen said...

I love the room! Great job!