Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Best of Times...The Worst of Times...

This past week or so has been pretty crazy. I'll just tell the story along with the pictures. Damon's favorite thing to do is to get into the recycle box and pull out all the newspapers.
Usually by the time he's finished his hands are black and the floor is covered.

But since this week was his birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY on September 15th! I let his behavior slide a little. :)

We went to a playgroup this past week and Logan was in heaven with all the "Cars" and "Toy Story" toys, he threw a major tantrum when it was time to go.

This week we also got to spend time with Mike, Quel, Lincoln, and Sequoia. The boys really had a great time together....
Watching TV, chillin'.....
...and not to mention getting terribly sick! We were watching the kids while Mike and Quel went to some conference for the weekend and all the kids got sick. This was the first time my boys have ever really been really really sick. Logan threw up for the first time and didn't know what to do, he kept trying to swallow it, and then he would choke and then he would gag and puke some more....not fun....at all....

The boys were all pretty mellow for a day or two though, and my hubby came down on Friday. :) (that was the "best of times")

Unfortunately, though, because all the kids were sick, that drastically changed our plans, and we ended up fore-going a few plans, but it was so nice to have him there to help with the boys.

And, it was nice that my babies would actually let me cuddle them...except when they ALL wanted to cuddle at the SAME time...:)

We were going to celebrate Damon's birthday while Morgan was down, be we're holding off on the cake and ice cream, because well, Funfetti cake puke just doesn't get me really excited about baking a cake. :)

Yeah...that about sums up the weekend.

We did do a little gift giving. Logan was a big help.

Go Cougs!

Hi Grandma & Papa, and all my family and thank you so much for the gifts!

"Dear Damon, I love you! Happy Birthday!"
Yeah, it's almost bedtime.
I just love those eyes!

Sooooo tired.

Logan was feeling a little better by Sunday as you can see from the pinkness in his cheeks and the smile.

That's the tired/happy/sad to leave look. :(

Choo Choo!
All three boys have Thomas the Tank Engine pajamas, so we had to get a picture.

And today, Wednesday, the kids are finally feeling better. Logan got a haircut yesterday...much easier.
They absolutely love the sandbox and spent at least an hour out there while I did the dishes, it was great! Logan loves to fill up the buckets and then dump them on Damon and surprisingly, Damon doesn't really care, he just digs around with his shovel.
It was a terribly crazy weekend, but it was also really fun, I learned a lot, and we got to spend time with family. Mike and Quel left yesterday, but every time Logan wakes up from a nap/sleep he still asks me, "Where Linky?" They sure had a blast, puke, poop, and all! Until next time.....

3 comments:

heidijogoody said...

Oh my goodness 3 sick kids all at once! How did you manage to survive.. well it looks like you did. Glad you were able to still have a good weekend even through cleaning up all the messes I am sure you had with sick kids.

Mike and Quel said...

I know it was awful for you guys, but we sure are grateful! It was such a wonderful time with Mikey! And I haven't forgotten that I owe ya!:)

Mindy Goodman said...

I just got done reading all the blogs that will allow me to enter of you girls! I have been laughing at Sara and Jason's! After the time you have had with sickness you need a laugh. Hope your house is underway! Love ya!