Sunday, September 6, 2009

A Perfect Day for my Husband!

This weekend Morgan came down, and the trip didn't start out too spectacular, with it taking almost 2 hours just to get out of town to Springville and then somewhere between Fillmore and Beaver getting a cracked windshield from flying debris from a truck up ahead, but he did make it here safe and I was so excited to see him. I was hoping that Saturday would just be the perfect day, and it really was...minus the fact that I still can't download any pictures....

First we woke up, got ready and dropped off our kids at my brother's house and went golfing. It had rained the night before, so it was a little wet, but that made the air smell delicious and the temperature was just perfect the entire time we were golfing. Both of us did pretty well and I realized this weekend, that I really do like golf!

After that we had a little football shindig at my parents house to watch the BYU-OU football game. Seems like we would be torn who to vote for, but not really, there was no question that we would cheer for BYU. I predicted that BYU would get slaughtered, Morgan was a little more optimistic, but both of us were really excited that BYU won!! We had a little BBQ with steaks and watermelon and the kids were actually behaving themselves. We even got to make some home made ice cream...mmmmm.

By the end of the day we figured out the formula for the perfect day:

Golf + Good Weather + Nap + Steaks + BYU winning + Homemade ice cream + Family = The Perfect Day!!!

I don't know if every weekend will be that perfect, but it sure was a great start to the football season, and the season of us really only getting to be together on weekends for a while. So until next time....when I finally have the pictures downloaded....:)

2 comments:

heidijogoody said...

Glad to hear your weekend together ended up being good and fun.

Mike and Quel said...

Minus the golfing it does sound like a perfect day:) I guess these days for me, when the kids are good, mommy is happy, thats about it, oh, and a clean house! I'm so excited to come down! Its looking like Sat or Sun now, but we are for sure coming!