Sunday, May 3, 2009

Hooray for May

I can't believe it's really May already. We knew that this last semester would be tough, but we also knew that it would probably fly by really fast...both have proved very true. Here are a few highlights from the week:


This is the new game that Logan and Damon play together, we call it Hooray for the Car. Logan runs up the hall and back down to Damon, Damon touches the car and we all shout, Hooray for the Car and we do it all over again. They were playing with each other for at least 10-15 minutes before we got the camera out. It's so fun to watch them play together, I can't wait until Damon is just a little bit older. :)
Damon likes being naked, he got away when I was getting him ready for a bath, and we have some very similar blackmail pictures of Logan, so I thought we better make it fair. :)
I was trying to get ready in the morning and Damon woke up before I was done, and since he wasn't too keen on being on the floor, this was the next best place, he seemed to really enjoy it. Good thing he never figured out how to turn the water on.
This week we got to play with Donovan while my cousin DeAnna was in town. I'm sure we'll have some other fun things to blog about in the coming weeks with these two kiddos.
They had a real fun time jamming out on the piano, hopefully I'll be able to get the video of that up as well.

Logan calls Donovan, Don-O, it's really cute. :)
Damon loved having people around. He is such a people person and DeAnna even got him laughing, which is quite the feat. He smiles a lot, but his laughs are more rare.
Damon is a fast little bugger now. He made his way under the chair after some Kix cereal, he did fine eating it, he thought it was great.
He's such a cute boy, just like his big brother. :) So, another story from this week. I was feeding Damon and I turn around and in the corner of my eye, I see that Logan has a steak knife! I traced it back to when I cut him a kiwi for lunch, usually I'm really careful about putting them in the sink or far enough back that he can't reach them on the counter. I tried to be really careful getting it away, because if you know Logan he whips things around when you try to take them. Well, he had the knife in one hand and was holding it with the other and knew I was coming for it and just as he was about to slice his hand, I got my hand underneath, I ended up with quite the cut across my hand (okay, it was only about an inch or two), but I'm just glad it was me and not him. I was able to wrangle the knife from him, but wow, it has sure made me more aware...even though I already felt like I was paying good attention.
This is another great video of Damon and Logan playing fetch. :) Well, I've got to finish getting us all ready for church, so until next time.....

2 comments:

heidijogoody said...

that was too cute when Logan came running in and said CHEEEEESE! So cute and that is too bad about your cut I hope you are ok

Mike and Quel said...

Its so funny, it looks like Donovan is way older than Logan. Hes so big! I bet they had a lot of fun playing together.