Tuesday, May 19, 2009

What a Week

I have lots of pictures to post, since I pretty much like almost every one I took. I spent the week down in St. George with my parents while Morgan went to Oklahoma to graduate...I'll let him tell the story of graduation though. :) I'll just tell what we did to keep ourselves busy so I wouldn't miss him too much. Soooo, here's some pictures and then I'll fill in soem of the details.

Logan and his cousin Kashlynn loved playing the piano together. They would sing and turn the pages of the book, it was really cute. They got to spend some good quality time together this trip.We had some friends over to play in the water one day and Damon wasn't too happy about being left out....So, I put him in the pool and he loved it!

Kash and Logan loved playing with the water octopus.
And Damon just loved being outside and playing with everyone.Of course, we did do a little shopping and grandma got this cute outfit for Damon.Logan loved watching papa play wii. He would sit there probably for hours. He was fascinated.On Saturday we took Logan for his first flight in "Annie" He had a good time and I'm sure he'll have even more fun next time :)
He loved wearing the hat/earmuffs.Hopefully we'll get to do more flying now that we're back in Utah. 2 years is just too long to go without taking a ride in the airplane.
We got to celebrate Kashlynn's birthday while we were down there, I would have taken more pictures, but I was chasing Logan around and trying to avoid tantrums. Damon did pretty good just chillin' until he got hungry.Logan loved the cupcakes, he kept going for one several times, so he was really excited when we finally said, yes you can eat it now. :)My two sweet boys who were so amazing this week. They really missed their daddy, but had lots of love from cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents to keep them happy.My sweet Damon is getting soooo big, so fast I can hardly believe it.
Logan is my talker and my singer. Most the time I can't get him to stop. My mom laughed when I was trying to get him to whisper, she said, I don't think I've ever heard him whisper. :)And they both sure love their papa, who actually did quite a lot of babysitting while my mom and I got to spend some time shopping or running errands. Thanks papa!One of Logan's favorite things at Bama's (Grandma's) is the garden full of dirt. Just about every day that we were outside he would pick up handfuls and dump it on his head. He did get some nice scalp massages during bathtime this past week. hehe.He also loved to just run around the yard. Someday we'll have one of our own.....someday.Damon and I got to hang out on the blanket outside a lot too. I'm glad my parents have some nice shade trees in the backyard, it was so nice to relax out there and let Logan run around.

This is Logan and Kashlynn playing the flight simulator game with papa, Logan loves airplanes.And we finally made it home. We had such a great week, minus the part about being away from Morgan for so long. I was able to get a temple session in with my sister in law which was really nice. And I was able to really do everything that I wanted to do that week. I kept myself as busy as possible so I wouldn't be so lonesome, but by the end of the week I could hardly wait for Morgan to come home. Thanks to Nola we were able to get him home Monday night and I ran out and jumped on him when I saw the car pull in (I had been staring out the window every 5 minutes to see if he was home yet once I got the call that he had left the airport).

Both kids were pretty much already in bed, I was just putting Damon to bed when he got home, so we were actually able to talk and spend some time together without the kids screaming for attention too. Morgan has today (Tuesday) off, so we are making the whole day a family day and spending basically every second together and it has been so nice.

I love my husband and I am so proud of him for all the hard work he has put in for our family!

3 comments:

heidijogoody said...

wow what a fun week! I bet it was so nice for you and the kids to go stay with your mom and dad I know I always enjoy it when Ben goes out of town to go spend some time with my parents too.

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

We had so much fun with you guys! Brad is talking about going out in July, so we will have to get together with you and Morgan. Both of your boys are so stinkin cute!!

Kate said...

Sounds like you had a fun weekend in St. George! Congrats to Morgan on graduating, I bet you are so glad he is done, that's exciting! It was fun seeing you at the airport this week, kinda funny we ran into each other there. We need to get together soon.