Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Husband is the Greatest!

Well, it has been the final week of "real" school. Now Morgan just has to study for his finals and pass those :) (He'll do just fine I'm sure, but I think he's a little nervous). Let's start with some pictures from this week:
I got this idea from my friend in Oklahoma. I took some of my old soccer socks and cut them and put them on Damon's legs. He's a real scooter now and his knees get pretty hammered on the carpet.
And these help when it's too hot to wear anything but a onesie. :)
Logan favorite toy lately has been his Thomas train. He turns in on and follows it wherever it goes, but he's been putting it under the couch and I have to keep pulling it out to find Thomas, so it is now resting on a dresser out of sight and out of mind...at least until we get some more batteries for it. :)
Me and my cousin DeAnna and her little boy Donovan went up to Tibble Fork Reservoir for a picnic this week. It was a little chilly, but otherwise a blast. The kids had a ton of fun throwing rocks in the water and getting wet. I love this picture of Logan's smile.
The kids got a little wet, but didn't complain, well, until we were ready to leave and go to the picnic site.
We propped Damon up so he could stay in the carseat, but still see what was going. He actually did really well with that for the most part.
This is the only picture I got at the picnic site, it was quite the task keeping them nearby since we were by a road and the water, both very tempting for little boys.
And this is just a random picture I was able to capture in the moment. :) That's all for pictures, but not my post. This week Morgan and I got to celebrate our 5th Anniversary. I can't believe that we have really been married that long, but looking back on everything that has happened it makes sense. We had a good day and that night after the kids were in bed my cousin ShayLea came and babysat (well, got to sit around in our house and watch TV while the kids were sleeping) while Morgan and I actually went on a date. We went and saw the new X-Men movie, which was awesome! It was so nice to go out without the kids and has become a very rare treat for us. He was also so wonderful and brought me home some purple roses (my favorite) for Mother's Day/Anniversary.
And now for today, I love Mother's Day, but mostly because I have the best husband in the whole wide world! He made breakfast for us all this morning, helped me get the kids ready, took care of the kids while I took and extra long shower and got ready for church. Then he took care of the more rowdy child...Logan...during sacrament and even changed his smelly bum. Then after church, I was exhausted and really wanted to take a nap, so he took care of Damon while Logan was sleeping so I could rest, he even go Damon to sleep for a while and got a little catnap in for himself.
After naps we usually take a walk, and he went with my while I delivered my visiting teaching assignments, then he came home and made dinner. Man, he's the best. And he's pretty much changed all the diapers today too....although he did mention something about remembering this for Father's Day :)
And because it's Mother's Day I do want to pay tribute to all the mothers in my life, especially my own who taught me so much and I only hope that I can be as good a mother as she was to all of us. Happy Mother's Day! Until next time....

2 comments:

heidijogoody said...

What a great husband! It is always nice to have 1 day a year where men really try to take the extra effort to give mom somewhat of a break

Mike and Quel said...

I'm glad things are good! Happy mothers day one more time. Its nice to get a break every once in a while. Mike has been gone so much the past 2 weeks that even when he gives him a bath its HUGE to me! We'll have to make a stop soon, darn!, so we can pick up the beloved epilator (if you brought it back home with you).