Sunday, May 11, 2008

Oklahoma Adventures Week 40

May 4th May 11th

Happy Mother's Day! I got to celebrate my first Mother's Day last year when Logan was born. He was four weeks old on Mother's Day and it was also the day we blessed him. What a wonderful memory. I'll get into more gushy Mother's Day stuff later, but I have to tell you about the rest of our week first.
This is one of Logan's new outfits. He's basically a full-time walker, but still working on it. He has a problem with watching where his is going and just stepping all over whatever gets in his way, notice the umbrella, about two seconds after the picture he slipped and was on his tush.
I love his big ol' grins and smiles. They make every day a good day.
His teeth are really starting to come in too. I can't wait they are all in and we're done with the whole teething thing...but then again, with another one on the way, I won't be completely out of that phase for a while...oh well.
I couldn't resist posting this picture. Logan was trying to walk all over the backpack and fell, but he just did it so gracefully and then struck a pose.
This was one of Logan's birthday presents, we got the foam blocks instead of the wood building blocks, very good in Logan's case, he likes to hand (throw) his toys to you. And sometimes those big block books hurt, but these blocks, not so much. Morgan was finally done with his finals this semester so he was playing with Logan while I was getting some work done. :)
We decided it was time to start getting Logan into a toddler bed so he doesn't feel like Damon is stealing his crib. Isn't it so cute, it's so tiny.
He seemed to really like it. We played with him on it the first day we got it and had it set up and we were trying to teach him the right way to get off the bed.

He even took a nap on it. He did this for about three days and took his naps with no problem, I was thinking, man, this is easy!
Then he figured out that he could get out of the bed himself. This is a not so graceful fall, but now he actually braces himself and does a handstand off the side of the bed then a little cartwheel fall onto the cushy blanket that we put down, knowing in advance this is what would happen. Now, Logan is king of his naps and if he's not ready he climbs out of bed and walks in the room with a big grin on his face like, hahaha, I got out of the bed, neener neener. So, now we just wait until he's good and tired and he'll sleep in his bed. I think it's just that time where he's transitioning into one nap anyway, so we'll just take each day as it comes, hopefully we'll be back onto a pretty good schedule before Morgan has a lot of school and work.
Our 4 Year Anniversary was this week on May 8th. We decided to actually get out an do something. We decided that it would be fun to check out a baseball game. I'll admit, I've never been to one....at least not one that I remember, so if I ever have been to a baseball game with someone...sorry, I blame that memory lapse on Damon. :)
Logan had a blast! He was so good, the weather was perfect, we had yummy (but expensive) pizza and overall, it was just a really fun experience.
We made sure Logan wore his cute little baseball outfit. There was another little boy sitting next to us that was yelling at the teams and Logan was trying to copy him and was babbling at the players, it was really funny.


And of course, he is just so cute! He got up on the big screen twice with Morgan.
This is where the seats were that we actually bought. We were right behind home plate. I for some reason thought that would be a safe place, but there were about 5 foul balls right around us in the first couple innings.
The stands weren't overcrowded, so about 1/3 of the way through the game we decided to move to better seats where we could see the whole field. No problem with foul balls there and I think Logan liked being up higher.
Our growing family. It was a really fun family date.
Good food, good seats, and good times. Between one of the innings they were launching shirts to the crowd and mentioned that some might even have money in them. So, Morgan grabbed Logan and went down to the front (we're still on the second tier of seats up pretty high) and tried to catch a shirt...well you can see, he was successful. The launcher shot the shirt basically right into Morgan's hand, he caught it one-handed while holding Logan. I was just glad he didn't drop Logan trying to catch the shirt. :) The shirt didn't have any money in it, but I think we'll remember this little event for a long while to come.
So, I'm done with pictures, but not our week. Since Morgan was done with finals on Thursday, I basically got Mother's Day Weekend instead of Mother's Day. I have to brag a little and sorry if I make a few of you jealous, but I woke up Friday to Morgan's wonderful eggs. (He makes the best fried eggs). I had to work that day, so Morgan took care of Logan all morning, so I could just get my work done in one chunk of time. And during that time he also did all the laundry, cleaned the kitchen, cleaned our bedroom, and straightened the rest of the house, changed poopy diapers, got Logan down for his nap, fed him lunch, etc. Then about noon when I was finally done working I hopped in the shower and we decided to go get Logan's 1 year/Mother's Day pictures. They have a place at Walmart, so we got the grocery list ready and the photo place was booked (big surprise there) so we did the grocery shopping. Morgan brought in all the groceries and put them away for me.
We finally found a place to go get pictures and Logan was being a little stinker, but we did end up with a few good shots. When we went back to pick out the proofs that we liked there was another little girl there with her mom getting their pictures, she was about 6 maybe, and she started playing with Logan and had him smiling and laughing and playing, if only she had been there an hour earlier while we were doing pictures. :) So, we picked out our pictures and got dinner at the mall food court. I also got a pair of good maternity jeans, yes! We came home and Morgan gave Logan a bath and put him to bed and then I got a wonderful foot rub....and this is all on just Friday!
So, Saturday rolls around, the chores are done, and we basically just get to relax and I get more of the same pampering I got on Friday. We ran a few errands and things and stayed pretty busy, but still had fun. This morning I made some raspberry waffles while Morgan fed Logan and took care of him and then Morgan played with him and kept him entertained so I could get my Primary stuff done. I just have to say that he is the most wonderful husband and father in the whole wide world and I don't know what I would do without him!

5 comments:

heidijogoody said...

Wow looks like you guys had a fun week and it looks like you were pampered Annie. Thanks again to Morgan for being concerned about us and calling to talk with me tonight. And Logan is just getting cuter every day.

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

I love Logan's little Sunday outfit. He is going to be a little heartbreaker. He and Donovan should be friends, which means we will have to live closer someday. I am jealous of your Mother's Weekend. Brad has been sick all week and he got the worst of it last night and this morning, so I still had to get up early with Donovan this morning. I know he couldn't help it, so I am okay with it. I am glad you had a good time though, you deserve it! Pregnant women should always be spoiled, that is my opinion.

Tosha G said...

congrats on the baby boy. Sounds like you had a nice break. Aren't husbands wonderful.

Aubrey said...

Your little boy is adorable! I found you through Mikki's blog. Hope you don't mind. I can't believe how life changes so quickly! - Aubrey (Radmall) Pettit

Mike and Quel said...

Logan is a cutie! I'm excited to see you guys so soon!