Sunday, March 30, 2008

Oklahoma Adventures Week 34

March 23rd - 30th


I'll start where I left off...the plumbing situation. There is good and bad news to that. The bad news, the pipe was nowhere near where we spent all that time and energy digging and we didn't even need to rip the deck out, the pipe ended up being on the other side of the deck far enough away that we didn't have to do anything there either. The good news, our plumbing was fixed and the sewer line was replaced and project completed in about 3 hours. They came Monday morning and got the job done a day earlier...and they filled in the hole for us that we dug. Man, we could have dug 7 feet and not found the pipe. I'm glad we stopped when we did, in all fairness though, we were just digging where they told us too, they were just as baffled as we were about the discovery. :) Now we have a giant dirthill running the course of our backyard.
The top is the side we started digging on, the bottom picture is the where the pipe actually was.

This was just the beginning of a very eventful week. On Morgan's side, he had school or work every single day and then had something going every evening too. Monday we went to a friend's house for dinner, Tuesday he had Youth Baptisms, Wednesday he had Young Men's, Thursday he had a late night Physics Lab, and Friday night he had to setup for a big Merit Badge Fair, and Saturday he was at the Merit Badge Fair practically all day. Oh how I missed my husband. My week, was slightly different, I just ended up getting really sick on Tuesday morning, I still have the hacking cough to prove it. Mom's just never get the day off, so it was hard to get better especially with Morgan having to be gone so much. He helped out where he could at night and in the mornings when I was the sickest, but I sure missed my hubby this week. And then late last night the Primary President called to remind me that I had sharing time along with singing time today and we would be having another family visit (they had 12 kids, but only 7 were primary age--which was actually a huge blessing because they sang really well with the 3 kids from our primary that normally would have been there) Today we are just recovering from everything. I don't think we have anything big coming up for a while until Grandpa and Grandma Goodman fly out for Logan's Birthday in two weeks, but ya never know what will happen in crazy Oklahoma, we could get hit by a tsunami, or tornado, or earthquake, or well, basically any natural disaster. :) So, we'll keep you posted. And due to the crazy week, we don't have many pictures of Logan, but we do have a few...enjoy!

6 comments:

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

Welcome to my life! Brad works all day and then has to go to soccer practice in the evenings and when he gets home he has to work on homework, most of our Saturdays are spent on homework and soccer practice as well. You do have one up on me though, I don't think I could do it if I were pregnant! You brave girl, when does Morgan get done with school?

heidijogoody said...

Glad to hear your plumbing is all fixed. Hopefully you are feeling better. It is hard to be sick, pregnant and be mom. Hang in there

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

I forgot to mention that we did get your comment about the most annoying sound in the world, that was exactly what I was going for. The second I heard him doing it I had to grab the camera! Kids make the silliest noises!

Anonymous said...

Logan is so big! I'm so excited for Christmas! Mikey got the whole week before off so we can play! But I hope we see you guys before that. And you can totally tell Linc and Logan are related!

Robyn said...

What a woman. I hope you're feeling good and hope little baby hadlock is doing great!!

The Shill Spill said...

I am soooooo sorry to hear you were so sickly! I hope you are feeling better! I am also sorry to hear about the pipe situation. Although, having it fixed now probably releases a lot of stress and worry. (OR, at least I hope so.)
Cute pictures of Logan! :)