Sunday, February 3, 2008

Oklahoma Adventures Week 26

January 27th - February 3rd

I guess the first news we heard this week was that President Gordon B. Hinckley passed away, which was quite interesting given the fact that just a few days earlier Morgan and I were talking about how if any of the apostles or if the prophet died it probably wouldn't be in our news out here and we would have to rely on someone from the church or someone from Utah telling us. Then a couple days later Morgan's mom called to let us know that President Hinckley had passed. Some of you may take this the wrong way, but I couldn't really feel any "sadness" at his passing, all I thought about was how happy he was now to be with his wife and eternal companion and that he was getting relief from all his physical ailments. I'm so grateful for his leadership and messages and I'll never forget them, and while I will really miss him, I'm really happy for him at the same time. What a party they must be having in Heaven right now. :)

Anyway, the rest of the week has just been going at it's usual pace....very fast. We do have some fun pictures of Logan this week. His top right tooth finally popped through on Groundhog Day (yesterday). We don't have any good pictures because you can barely even feel it and see it, but I definitely know it's there. (OW!) Maybe once both of his top teeth are finally through he'll be a little happier and sleep better (though I'm not counting on the sleeping part)

Since Logan's new favorite place to play (when we forget to close the door) is the bathroom, we figured why not start now making him interested in the potty! Heheh, I know, it's a little early for that, but he was just so happy sitting up there like a big boy.

Logan loves to play the standing game. I have to use two hands to hold him up, but Morgan is a show off and only has to use one hand. :)

Logan is getting pretty good and standing and starting to cruise around on things, only a couple steps, but he gets very bored with sitting now. :(

At least when he is playing around, he gets around and moves a lot. He loves to play "Hooray" Most of the time he only does this when he's eating, but now he's doing it more often.

Logan LOVES books. He'll sit there and look at a book on the couch with Morgan for at least 30 minutes. (Not with me though, Mommy has to be reading the book to him) I had a picture of that, but Morgan was in his undies and we thought we better not post that. :) Your welcome. Hopefully Logan's love for books will continue as he gets older. It's so fun right now to sit down with him and read some books, he's starting to get involved in turning the pages now too. His favorite right now is "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" I think we go through that one at least 20 times a day.

He still has no fear and will go head first off any bed, couch, and eventually I'm sure we'll hear a big thud and find him on the floor next to his crib. I wonder what will happen the first time we're not there to catch him?
So, we bought a convertible carseat a while ago, but Logan wasn't quite ready for it. It's been sitting in our office as of late becuase it's a pain to install and it's easier to just switch the base of the other carseat between cars. Anywho, Logan was just getting into everything so we decided to put him in the carseat and see what he would do. He was happy and played and jabbered to the cell phone for almost an hour! It was great. Morgan got some studying done and I got some work done and didn't have to worry about him getting into something he shouldn't. We'll have to use that more often. :)This morning Logan was climbing on the tool boxes to get the Sour Patch Kids on the piano bench, so Morgan decided to see if he would walk to them if he put them within Logan's reach.

Closer, closer, I can see his mouth watering....

Almost there, just a few more steps.
"Hey, what happened, where'd they go? No fair, I walked all the way there only for them to be put somewhere else. Alas, I am not destined to have the Sour Patch Kids at this time."

He's still our happy little camper though.

Awww, doesn't that face just melt your heart?


Ttttthhhatt's all folks! Tata for now. Until next time, Au Revoir, So Long Farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, Adios, & Goodbye.

3 comments:

heidijogoody said...

What... I cant belive he sat in his car seat for an hour and just jabbered on the cell phone that is one good little boy. My girls I swear have never played for more then like 10 min on their own. Lucky you guys. You got some cute pictures of cute little Logan he is just growing up.. oh by the way the girls have that same car seat :)

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

Donovan fell off of our couch for the first time this week. I felt like a horrible mother, but he was fine. I think it scared him but he didn't cry for very long. I think I was more scared than he was!

Jolene and Ty said...

Annie!
i found your blog from emilys and i hope you dont mind that i looked at your cute family! i had no idea that you were even pregnant! well hows your life in oklahoma? by the way this is jolene(wetzel)hansen in case you didnt know. im new to the blogger world and just started mine hansenfirehouse.blogspot.com so take a peek! well talk to you later!