Sunday, January 27, 2008

Oklahoma Adventures Week 25

January 20th - 27th

I have a feeling this semester and next few months are going to go by really really fast. I hope we can keep up with everything. I guess that's good though, then it won't seem too long before we are moving on and settling down. :)

We really only have one story to tell this week and then I think it will just be a lot of pictures. I'm sure y'all won't mind. So, on Wednesday this week our furnace went out. I thought it was strangely cold when I got up to feed Logan at 5:00am. I decided he could snuggle with me and Morgan since it was so cold and when I climbed back into bed, the sheets were like ice. Usually they are still slightly warm when I get back in bed. So, a couple hours later, Morgan realizes that the furnace stopped working. He went and checked and the pilot light had gone out sometime during the night. This happened while we were in Utah if you remember, so he tried the same things to start it and after 4 tries we decided we better call someone. I immediately thought the worst and that we would have to replace the entire thing and it would put us out about $3,000 or more. ( I have no idea what it really costs.) Luckily we knew someone in the ward who just happens to be in the heating and A/C business. We gave him a call and they were able to squeeze us in during a lunch break. And to our wonderful delight, they only had to replace the ignition switch and it was only about $80. YAY for blessings! This truly was a blessing. We were able to have our heat on that afternoon and we didn't have to replace the entire unit.

Oh yeah, it also just happened to be the coldest day of the past few weeks on the very day we had no heat. Morgan had to go to school, so me and The Buddy brought the space heater in the office, bundled up and closed the door. We actually stayed quite warm I just rolled in his high chair when it was time for him to eat. So, all in all, it wasn't that bad of an experience, just an experience to put down in the records. :)Daddy bundling up Logan before he left for school. Oh yeah, we still had hot water too, so that was another good thing. :)The mittens and the hat didn't last long, but it was too cute to pass up a photo-op.

I think we all had on about 3-4 layers of clothes. :) .....TOUCHDOWN.....

I think Logan finds a new toy each week. This week he discovered the scale, much to my chagrin. So, rather than have him crawling on the bathroom floor (yuck), I just bring it out in the hallway for him to play with.

He flips it over and examines it very thoroughly.

And then when he's done, he's off to find a new toy. :)Hooray for the buddy. He puts his arms up and smiles whenever he puts some food in his mouth or takes a really good bite and we shout, YAY!It was actually quite difficult to catch on camera because he would get distracted by the camera and wouldn't lift his arms up.He's teething again, so he plays with his tongue a lot. And when he doesn't really want to take a bite, that's how he opens his mouth.This is my new favorite smile. He's been doing it for a while, but it's really hard to catch on camera, but he closes his eyes and grins really really big. This picture doesn't quite do it justice though.

Logan is our little monkey, he loves climbing on the shelves, he's going to be all over the place when he can walk and climb a little better. He has no fear and will dive head first off the couch or bed if his toy falls. So far we've been there to catch him every time. We're trying to teach him to go feet first, but he still likes to fly. We're going to have a lot of fun at the playground when he gets bigger. :)

4 comments:

heidijogoody said...

Man that kid is dang cute he seems like he is quite the mover! I am glad that you got your heat back and running I would have been freaking out too!

Shawn, Hayley and Jack said...

It's great to hear from you, I always ask steve how you are doing but it is good to hear it from you. Jack is a May baby so our boys are close in age. Actually Jack and Kashlyn are only 3 days apart. Next time you are in St. George we should all get together with the babies. That would be fun. It was great to hear from you stay warm- Hayley

Shawn, Hayley and Jack said...

I forgot to put your boy is darling. I love his big brown eyes. I think he looks a little bit like Kashlyn too.

Robyn said...

Man he's so cute and so big! You got some cute pics of him. I was just looking and Kim and Steve's page and I think Logan and Kashlynn look tons alike! I'm glad you got your heater fixed by the way, I can't stand the cold!!!!