Sunday, January 20, 2008

Oklahoma Adventures Week 24

January 13th - 20th

Sheesh, this week went by way too fast. Morgan started school this week, so he's already up to his neck in homework. His one professor said, this class is supposed to have 8 hours a week of work and I'm going to make sure that happens....poor Morgan. At least we're one semester down and only 4 more to go. :)


Logan can move like wildfire now. He's still not crawling, but he's got this hilarious belly roll crawl. He gets up on his hands and knees and lunges forward and flops down and does it all over again. We've got some great video that we'll try and get up later.


I'm also happy to report that he is an excellent eater now. We've finally got a good eating schedule, now on to fixing the sleeping schedule.


He's starting to stand a little on his own against objects. He loves to look out the window and wait for daddy to get home. We also did some practice in the crib. He went from the middle of the crib all the way to the end. He's only done it once and doesn't really cruise as much as jump in place. The crib was just a soft spot to land when he falls. His new favorite place to play is "under anything" He'll go from under the piano, under his bouncer toy, or even under the table in the living room. I'm sure we'll be building lots of forts in the future. I have to pay much closer attention now, sometimes I'll turn around and he's gone. He's a quick little scooter. His other favorite toy is the kitchen mat. Needless to say we have to keep the kitchen floor cleaner (well, and all of them actually) now that he is moving around all the time.Logan loves to help daddy study for his classes too. He's a really big help, but at the same time, I think he misses all the attention he had been getting before Morgan had to focus on school more. What a blessing last semester was, but this will all be worth the sacrifice.We didn't really do much because of the change in our busy schedules. I do have a slightly humorous (someday I'll look back and laugh) and embarrassing story to tell. So, I decided I wanted to see what all the hub-bub about "Nair" was. For those of you that don't know what it is, you're lucky. It's a hair removal cream/lotion. And since I hate shaving, I thought to myself, wouldn't it be great to just rub a lotion on and all my hair will disappear? hahaha, how naive I was. First of all, it smells more like you're giving your leg hair a perm, not removing it. And secondly, when it tells you to test a small area, do it. I'm regretting it now. I figured, eh, it's just my legs, if it turns out badly, I can always put some knee highs on at church and cover up the disaster. That's exactly what I have to do today, not only did it not remove all my hair, stink up me and the house, but I had an allergic reaction to it and it looks like I got in a fight with my razor blade and have a terrible razor rash. :( And to top it all off, it itches like crazy and feels like I have an entire colony of ants attacking me. Suffice it to say, the rest of the bottle ended up in the trash, I've probably used an entire can of Lysol to get rid of the smell, and I feel like an idiot. Oh well, you win some you lose some. But, if my experience can prevent anyone from making the same mistake I did, it was worth sharing my moment of stupidity. At least it didn't burn a hole through all of my skin, for that I'm grateful. :) So, after you're done laughing and making fun of me, here are some final pictures of cute little Logan to make your day. I know he's already made my day better, even if I'll be a walking anthill all day.

5 comments:

Kylee said...

Just you wait!!! Before you know it he'll be walking and be into even more stuff! He is so stinkin cute! Thanks for all the nice comments on my photography! Too bad you don't live closer I would love to take some of your little family!

heidijogoody said...

Yes he really is such a cute little guy and I am sorry to hear about your legs. Hopefully it heals fast.

Jason, Kim, & Kallie said...

You are the best blogger I know! way too keep a record of your family! I can't wait for the days of a good eating and sleeping schedule! haha.

Lisa said...

Glad to hear Logan is doing so well! Sorry about your legs though- I don't like Nair either! I didn't have any allergic reaction, it just didn't work. Anyway, hope they heal soon!

Emily said...

I've never used Nair, and now I don't think I ever will! Ouch!