Sunday, January 13, 2008

Oklahoma Adventures Week 23

January 6th - 13th

What an exciting week...well, not really, but then that all depends on how you look at it. :) We were going to do the post this morning, but then got too busy getting dinner ready (I love the Crockpot) and playing with Logan and I'm happy to report, he is over his cold now.

So, this week was amazing as far as the weather goes, it has continued on from last week. It was great to be able to go outside and just relax and not have to worry about bundling Logan up so much. Then, out of nowhere one night, there was this huge rainstorm that of course Logan slept through, but as soon as it got quiet he woke up again. We're still working on a good way for him to sleep. We've tried the hold him and rock him to sleep every time method, and the cry it out method, both are exhausting, any other suggestions? He'll get there again someday though. Anyway, back to the storm, we watched the news the next day and I guess the Midwest (except Oklahoma) got slaughtered with some very unseasonal tornadoes. I'm really glad they didn't touch down in OK, I'm really not ready for tornado season. :(




Other than not sleeping very well at night, Logan has been his very happy self again. We're starting to get into a better routine, which is good because Morgan starts school tomorrow and this semester will be a lot tougher than last. He also had to work all last week, but what spare time he did have at home he was doing projects like cleaning the garage storage area and moving a lot of stuff up there so we have room in the garage to maybe park a car this summer when it's dreadfully hot. And of course, he spent some good quality time with Logan,


I sure love the guys in my life! They make every moment worth living.

Every since that cold, Logan has been eating like a champ, maybe because he couldn't taste anything and realized that it felt good in his tummy and now he eats it. I don't know, but whatever it is, I'm grateful for it. Keep it up little Buddy!



His favorite used to be Beech-Nut Oatmeal with Bananas, and I was just about to buy a huge case of it because it was something that he actually ate, and then he got bored with it. hahah, so I'm glad I didn't go crazy yet. I think that is they key with Logan, he gets bored with food, so we have to have a lot of variety and different flavors for his picky palate. Right now his favorite is graham crackers and milk for a snack and Yobaby Yogurt-with fruit and cereal already mixed in it.


I think high-chairs are probably one of the most useful pieces of baby furniture one can own. They keep most of the food mess off the baby and the floor, and when you're all out of hands or patience you can stick them in there for a while with some toys or finger foods and they'll go to town for several minutes. And, it's a great place to play when you're trying to get dinner ready.



I was making dinner the other night and Logan was just babbling away and chomping on his Kix and then it slowly started to get quiet. I turned around and he had fallen asleep. :) Now, why can't he do that in his crib at night? hehehe.


Yesterday we decided to go to the temple since it would be a good way to start Morgan's new semester, and sadly, I haven't been since Logan was born because he was so dependent on me for food. It was a wonderful experience and we feel so blessed to be only 20 minutes away from the ONLY temple in Oklahoma. What a great date! (Since those might be scarce for the next 4 months during the semester.) Right now, life is good! Have a great week!

3 comments:

heidijogoody said...

My what a cute little guy you have there... ok so I had a really hard time with getting my girls to sleep through the night and I had tried several things around 6 months to get them to sleep through and nothing seemed to work. At 9 months I had it so I tried the cry it out method again and I will have to say it took about 10 days of Charly crying off and on for about 40 min for her to finally learn that that is what she does is go to sleep on her own. So you could try that but just have a time frame in mind that you are not going to let him cry longer then and stick to it and you might have to stick it out for a couple of weeks before it works. Good luck but in the end you will remember how worth him sleeping through the night is :)

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

I wish we could have seen you guys in Utah. It sounds like we are living similar lives at the moment, we could probably think of a lot to talk about between crazy weather and crazy ward members!! Logan is adorable by the way, I am so excited for Donovan to be that age. He gets more and more fun every day and I am loving it, but I am excited for him to be more mobile. I am sure I will regret saying that when it happens, but for now that is one thing I am looking forward to.

Lisa said...

So glad Logan is feeling better! I have to say, the cry-it-out is the only thing that worked for my guys. Even though it is SUPER hard to do, it teaches them how to fall asleep on their own, which is a skill they will use all their life. Good luck with it- give it time!