Sunday, July 3, 2016

June 27th - July 3rd

I fell behind again, but I'm going to catch up.  This week started off kind of rough.  I don't remember all of it, but I do remember specifically telling Damon NOT to give Rylea the gallon of milk because she was still too little (they were helping...against their will of course....to bring in groceries).  And surprise surprise, she dropped it and it broke and started leaking all over the garage.  I must have given Damon and really good look because he burst into tears and ran upstairs.  After I calmed down a bit I went up and talked to him and helped him figure out how to clean up his mess.  In the end it all worked out and someday it might be an even funnier story....still too soon. :)

 And then of course, this one was my fault.  I was making something and I dropped an egg on the floor.  :(  Luckily it was only one egg and not a dozen like the last time the boys thought it would be fun to see if eggs broke when you dropped them.
 Our family school has been doing well.  We have definitely had days/weeks where it just wasn't going to happen, but this week were learned about colors and then did some water colors so we could mix some colors up.
 We also had science this week and talked about how seeds get dispersed so that more plants can grow.  We built different paper models to see how seeds might move.  It was a lot of fun.  It was the beginning of our family reunion too, so we got to have Ada with us as well.
 My mom is the best, I wouldn't be able to do all the school stuff without her.  It gets pretty crazy sometimes with all the kids together, but we have a blast and I hope they are learning a little something.  :)
 Rylea's hair is getting a little longer.  We had fun over the 4th of July weekend wearing lots of red, white, and, blue.


 I didn't take many pictures from Friday, but we went to Fiesta Fun in the morning and let the kids go crazy with the arcades earning tickets so they could get prizes.  Then we went back to my mom's house to play some fun games.
 The cup water game was probably my favorite to watch them play.  The littlest ones were the most entertaining.  This was a great reunion, we had lots of time together, but we also had a few breaks here and there to rest and get excited about the next activity.


Until next time...

No comments: