Sunday, November 15, 2015

November 8th - 14th

It's much easier to stay on top of the blog thing if I do it on a weekly basis, I'm finding it a great blessing to have 2:30 church time because I feel like I have plenty of time to get it done on Sundays and I'm counting it as Family History...because it is! :)
 I think Tragon took this picture of us.  The weather has been so gorgeous lately and Rylea loves to be outside, so we have been spending a lot of time hanging out.
 We've been doing a lot of mopping and sweeping this week and found the perfect way to keep Rylea entertained.  She loves walking on the chairs if we make a "bridge" and then she turns the lights on and off.  :)
 We broke out the puzzles this week, Rylea liked them.  We will have to do that more often.


 So, sometime this past week, in fact I think it was Monday, Logan and Damon thought it would be funny to chase each other around the kitchen with food (Morgan and I were upstairs doing bath time with the littles) and Logan kept taking a drink of apple juice and then "spitting" it out like he was choking...yeah, apple juice is sticky and it was all over the kitchen.  So, their consequence was sweeping and mopping the floor every night for a week and they would trade off each day what part they would do.
 This is Damon wallowing in his first night of sweeping I think.  It's funny after the fact...not so funny when I'm tired and he won't get his job done.
 He did eventually get it done.  Also, this week, the boys had a free karate lesson and loved it.  I think we will put Logan and Damon in karate.  It's been good leverage this week to keep them motivated to stay on task.
 Our thankful tree is still going strong, we usually talk about what service we did at dinner time and most nights we remember to put the leaves up, I'm sure we are a couple days behind on the leaves by now, but at least we are still getting the service done.  :)
 Jaron had a dentist appointment and while we were waiting for them, Rylea was loving the train table.  It was fun to watch her play with toys.  She's been doing that more at home too.  Still, her favorite is a book and a pen or a stuffed animal.
 
 I was changing her diaper and she put her shoes on her hands.

 I love some of the funny looks she gives me.  I never know when she will be in the mood though, so I've only been able to capture a few of them.

 She loves to say hi to daddy in the faucet reflection when she's taking a bath.
And Tragon thought it would be funny to stuff the toys and stuffed animals in his jammies, he's such a funny kid.

This week has been interesting because we started watching Auri while Quel works.  So, instead of being down to 2 kids during the school day, I'm up to 4 kids three days a week.  :)  I really thought this week would be extra stressful, but I think watching Auri for a week a while back taught me a few things and I was able to avoid a lot of the stress from last time.  It's still hard, and a lot more time-demanding than it would have been normally, but I think Jaron loves having someone to play with everyday and so far the chaos has been manageable.  I know I have felt empowered as a mother in this role and have been able to bear my burden a little easier with a lot of prayer and faith.  In some ways I think it has helped me to stay focused as a mom and not just put the kids in front of the TV and do whatever I want (that would be a total disaster ahahaha).  I'm going to enjoy it and have fun and struggle through the hard days, and relish the good moments.  I know I'm where I should be doing exactly what I should be doing.  Until next time.....

No comments: