Thursday, January 3, 2013

Merry Christmas

What a wonderful Christmas we had this year.  We went down to St. George and had some beautiful weather.  As soon as we got back we've had snow and cold and more snow and more cold.  Logan officially hates winter.  I guess that St. George DNA in him won out.
 While in St. George we were able to go to the park a couple times.  They love the Fire Station Park.
 And what follows are just a bunch of pictures from that day.  :)












 Jaron got to spend a little time with Grandma Great while I was doing some dishes.  He was a really good baby this trip.  He had a blast having all his cousins and aunts and uncles give him attention.
 I made some Christmas ties for all the boys...I only had to make one extra for my nephew since all the other boys are mine.  :)  It's been a new hobby of mine that came on before Christmas.  I think I've made about 15 ties now...all for the price of a "real" store bought tie.
 Another straggler picture from the park.  My kids haven't been huge on the swings.  I love to swing.  Morgan and I had a jumping contest and I totally won!  They were getting a little more brave just before we had to leave and would let Morgan push them really high.
 Logan has a piece of candy can in his mouth sideways and thought that was super funny so I had to get a picture.

 During Christmas we took lots of walks with the kids.  This particular walk we had some time to kill so the kids were playing in the trees.  They had so much fun together.
 And a random Damon picture that was suppose to be by Logan's candy cane picture.
 And back to the walk.  We were helping Grandma deliver some jelly to some neighbors.
 While we were at the door we actually got the kids to do some caroling...ever notice how Jingle Bells is a never ending song when you're a kid.


 Jaron loved his cousin Harlee.


 One of the favorite toys of all the grandkids is the airplane teeter totter.  We have all but two grandkids on here, plus Morgan of course.  He was such a fun dad during the holidays.  He played with the boys a lot, I think he enjoyed some sunshine after being so busy and cooped up at work before the holidays.
 More running at the park.
 And more being silly in the high chair...man, I should really look through the pictures and sort them on the blog before I start typing, but oh well, I'm limited on time since Jaron is probably going to wake up any minute.

 We've been doing reward charts.  Damon gets stickers for doing his preschool work without complaining and he finally reached his goal and got his Henry train.
 I knew he would earn it very close to Christmas, so I made sure I didn't get him any other Thomas stuff for Christmas.
 After Christmas...and about every other month, I feel like I need to re-organize toys so I went shopping and got storage bins and labeled them with their toys and if we had too many to fit in the box (like little cars), we decided it was time to give them away.  I'm feeling much more organized now...but more on that for my New Year's post.
 I love my Logan, he is such a fun boy and was such a good boy at Christmas.  He loved playing with all his cousins and having a lot of time with them
 And my bear loves to eat his snacks all by himself.
 And he's pretty much walking.  His favorite walking toy is the vacuum right now.

 If he starts getting fussy we can usually pull out the vacuum and he's content for a while pushing it around.

 He's about 6 weeks ahead of where the other boys were as far as walking, I think he'll be walking in the next couple of weeks.  He's taken a step or two on his own, but then he gets excited and starts jumping and falls down.
Logan had a Christmas singing assembly at school....that's a whole story in and of itself, but short story, I was dragging Damon in kicking and screaming and dragging Tragon out kicking and screaming and we were parked about 1/4 mile away from the school, with frozen sidewalks, and a really cold breeze.  I didn't even get to see Logan sing, but I had a friend take a picture for me, so I could remember that we at least tried.  :)

The end of the year has come faster and slower than I expected in a lot of different ways.  Looking back, it was a year filled with a lot of craziness and fun, a new baby, a new experience, school starting, summer ending, and settling into routines.

I love my family so much and I'm so grateful for them.  What a great year 2012 was, but I hope to make 2013 even better.  Until next time....

1 comment:

heidijogoody said...

Looks like a great Christmas holiday