Monday, January 14, 2013

Gymnastics and Potty Training

Lots of fun stuff going on this year.  I signed Logan up for T-ball in April/May ish I think, so in the spirit of extra-curricular activities I wanted to give Damon something to do now so we're not over-lapping things.  We decided to do a free class of gymnastics.  I told him a week in advance and he started bawling.

Damon has never really liked to go out and do things, but I thought he would really enjoy gymnastics.  He's always doing stuff at home and for one of my biggest boys, he's probably also the most flexible.

I finally talked him into it and he was sort of excited to go.  He was really shy at first, but I was so proud of him for going in and letting me go upstairs to watch.

He did really good on the beam, he fell off and I thought that was it and we'd be heading home, but to coach was great and was able to get him to get up and keep going.
The bar was what did him in though.  It was a little bit higher than he's used to and he got really freaked out being up there.  I think his favorite part was the obstacle course at the end and the parachute game...the only thing I got pictures of sadly.
I asked him after if he had fun and he said, "yes, I love gymnastics, but I never want to come again."  Oh well, I'm not going to push it right now...it's a pretty expensive sport.  I'm glad that most of the gyms had free trials.  If he would have loved it and asked to do more, I would have signed him up in a heartbeat.  We'll just have to keep doing things a little here and there and one day he might actually ask to do an activity and I'll be so excited!  :)
Other randomness of the week: I love the little fruit/veggie pouches and I'm sad I didn't have them with my other boys.  I love being able to stick Jaron in his high chair while I'm making dinner and he has something to eat that doesn't make a huge mess.
And he loves them too.  He really likes being able to feed himself.
He's a very independent boy in some ways.  See, he's already learning how to help unload the dishwasher...that is, until he pulls too hard on the drawer and it comes crashing out and he falls backwards over the dishwasher door.  :)
Damon loves to unload the dishwasher.  If he hasn't already volunteered at some point in the morning I usually save it for when he's misbehaving and owes me a chore.  :)  It's so nice to go to an empty dishwasher after dinner and be able to just load it up.

Sometimes the older boys are really good about letting the younger boys help and some times not so much.
Tragon has started potty training and we're about 50% there...as long as I'm on my guard.  I feel like if I turn my back for more than 5 minutes he has an accident.  He's doing a little better though, I have yet to get him to go number 2 in the potty though, but we've had several successful number 1's.  I'm giving it until Friday and if we're not pretty much there, I'm going back to diapers for another month or two. With Logan and Damon I waited a little longer to train them and within about 5 days they were good to go. So, we'll see.  He knows how to hold it, but that's the problem, he holds it so long that when he has to go, he really has to go and doesn't have enough time to get on the potty and then I have a lot of pee to clean up.
Jaron and Damon love to play together.  There are times when I'm very glad Logan and Damon are old enough to keep Jaron entertained.
One day I caught them play peek-a-boo, and chase, and monsters and it was so cute.

Damon would cover Bear with the blanket and he would slowly emerge and find his way out laughing the whole time.

Then, Damon realized I was taking pictures so, the cuteness was gone and it was all about striking a pose.  :)





Hang in there a few more days with Tragon.  I know you can do this, and I will be so glad to be done with big diapers and formula by February.  :)  Until next time...

No comments: