Sunday, January 6, 2013

January Date

I've been growing my hair out for about 3 years now.  This last month has been driving me a little crazy though, it's too long and heavy to do up anymore and when it's down it's always getting in the way or in the boys mouths, or just all over.  So, I measured and it was finally long enough to donate without going to a crazy short pixie cut.
 My cousin came over and cut it for me and did an awesome job.  I love it!  And I was excited that day because Morgan and I were going to have our first date night of the year.
I seriously felt like I had lost about 10 pounds with one snip of the scissors.

 Now I'll probably start growing it out again and in another 3 years do the same.  I like to have variety with my hair so I'll always bounce back from short to long.

I was so excited for our date, but then we found out that it was cancelled.  We had been planning to go to the shooting range.  Morgan ended up stopping at his parents house that night to drop something off for his brother and ended up helping with a little project.  His parents volunteered to watch our kids if we wanted to go to the shooting range on Saturday.  So, yay, date was back on.
 Saturday morning we drove up to Sandy and dropped the kids off and headed to the range.  I have to say, it was a blast.  It was really loud even with the ear protection on.  My first couple clips I was just getting a feel for the gun, but by the end I was doing some pretty good sharp shooting.  Morgan was a little better shot than me, but he'd been to the range not too long ago so he wasn't as rusty as me.  I think the last time I shot a gun was a military M-16 at my Freedom Academy Camp when I was a senior in high school.  I was quite the sharp shooter back then, so I just need a little practice.
 After our date, I got to do a little case lot shopping alone while the boys were all at Grandma's for a while.  It was so nice!  It was a great date and great start to a fun Saturday.  Until next time...

1 comment:

heidijogoody said...

What a great change for you hair I love it.