Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The Latest Happenings

The last couple weeks have been pretty crazy.  We're starting to find a good routine with walking to school and I'm loving that the weather is cooling down.  I've been working out 3 days a week with a group of friends from my neighborhood/ward.  It's been really good and kicking my butt.  On those days that I don't wake up early and work out though, I like to sleep in as long as possible.  This must have been one of Morgan's late days and all the boys woke up before he left, and somehow they all make their way into our bed.  I love seeing all my boys together like that.  They are the coolest kids ever!

 I also had another canning adventure.  I truly detest the store canned peaches, I think they're gross.  While, bottling your own peaches isn't super cheap, it's so worth it for the flavor.  I bottled my first batches of peaches the other day.  It was a lot of work, but the kids were champs.  Damon especially helped me by keeping Jaron company in the crib when he woke up from his nap so I could finish.  After two separate days of canning I ended up with 38 quarts of peaches, not nearly as many as I had hoped, but when I had to buy all the jars too, it was getting pretty pricey.  I'm really looking forward to eating them though.  We'll have to pace ourselves or they won't last even a few days!  :)  I am definitely looking forward to canning more next year, in the meantime, I'll keep working on my meats.
 I love how pretty they look right after they are done.
 We also celebrated Damon's birthday last Saturday, but I'll do that on a separate post.  We were going to do family pictures that same day, but things fell through.  We were able to get it back together though and Morgan took a half-day on Tuesday, and I excused Logan from school (it's only kindergarten) and we went up to the Heber Valley Railroad station and took pictures.  I really hope that some of them turned out, it was pretty chaotic.  :)  Anyway, that evening  (tonight) I was getting the boys ready for baths and while I was changing Jaron I hollered to Tragon that it was bath time.
I heard a clunk and shouted, no trains in the bathtub Tragon, that will ruin the batteries.  I ran in to salvage the trains and this is what I saw...Tragon waist deep in water...fully clothed....I did have to take a train out, but it was Tragon that made the big plopping sound.  Luckily at least his shoes were off AND he had a clean diaper, whew!  What a silly guy.  I decided that I want to be done being upset by stuff like this, so I just busted up laughing and got the camera.  Oh, my little Tragon, what will you come up with next?

I sure love my kids for as crazy and as busy as they keep me.  And even during those down times where I feel totally overwhelmed, all it takes is a little hug or kind word from them to make me feel better.  Until next time...hopefully I'll have some good family pictures to post.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

FYI I've had some luck finding jars at goodwill. Probably not 38 of them and you'd of course have to buy new lids, but if you think of it a few times during the year you might be able to increase your stash pretty cheaply.

heidijogoody said...

Love that first picture of all of you in the bed!