Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Damon Jeremiah

My Big Guy turned 4 on September 15th.  I don't have any stats yet because his appointment isn't until Thursday, so I'll have to come back and put that in.  Anyway, this guy is awesome.  Sometimes I feel like he gets a little left out, so since it's been his birthday time I've been trying extra hard to realize all the little things I love about him and all his wonderful qualities.
 He can really make me laugh, his silliness is just that and when I'm in the right mood he can bring a smile to my face.  He is such a good friend to others and play super good one on one.
 He plays really well with his brothers one on one too.  Jaron absolutely adores Damon.  Damon can always make Jaron smile and most of the time Damon is very happy to oblige, it's come in very handy with my latest projects going on.  Whenever I hear Jaron fuss and then stop, 9 times out of 10 when I go check on him Damon is with him.
 This afternoon Damon was playing with Tragon for a couple hours, while Logan was away at a friend's house and there was absolutely NO fighting, it was amazing!  And they had a great time.  Three's are hard for Damon though...and for most people, but he's getting better everyday learning how to play with more than one friend/brother.
 He got pretty spoiled with presents this year because I would just pick things up here and there if I saw a good deal or something.  He's been such a champ walking/riding the mile to school to drop off Logan and the mile back home, so I just couldn't help myself.
 And, now that he's wearing the same size clothes as Logan he can't really have the hand me downs now, so he's been getting a lot of new shirts lately to get ready for the cooler weather and he has loved it.  He's never complained about always getting Logan's old clothes, but you could just tell he really loved getting something new.
Damon loves to empty the dishwasher and climb up on the counters for me.  He doesn't really like doing "chores" but he really likes getting the money.  More times than not he'll pick money vs rewards for his extra chores.  I hope that's a good sign that he'll be money smart.  :)  My favorite part about him being four is that we decided that four year olds don't whine and complain, so anytime he's starts the whine, I just ask him how old he is and remind him and that usually stops it and he can change his tone on a dime and get the help he needs.  (Most of the time....)

I also love when he comes and cuddles with me if I'm ever laying down.  I love how excited he gets when we read his favorite stories.  I love how happy he his when he is happy.  I love it when he asks me to come play with him and I want to be better and doing that because someday he won't want to anymore.  I love/hate how he is still stuck in the mimicking phase and will copy Logan or Tragon, or whoever he happens to be with, sometimes the results are hilarious and fun...other times not so much. :)  I love his big blue eyes and the puppy dog face that he's learning to give.  I just love my Damon so much!!!  He's learning so much right now and I hope and pray that I can teach him the things that are most important.  I love you Damon, until next time...

1 comment:

heidijogoody said...

What a handsome boy. Sounds like he had a great birthday