Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Logan Starts Kindergarten

I can get any pictures uploaded, but I did want to record Logan's first day of school.  He got a little flustered, but after some help from a friend in his class, he was a-okay.

We decided that as long as the weather is good, we'll walk to and from school....good idea and a bad idea.  On the first day of school I kept having nightmares that I was late to pick him up and he was just devastated, well, we didn't give ourselves enough time to get there, we also had a neighbor kid with us, it was really really hot, and Damon crashed on his scooter...soooo we were late picking up Logan, only about 5 minutes, but to him it was eternity and yes he was devastated.  He was afraid he was going to have to walk home all by himself.

I give him credit for holding back the water works until he actually got to me.  He forgave me by the time we got home though.  And he went back no problem the next day...it's too hot to walk home from school right now, so we decided to walk to school and drive to pick him up, which worked out really well....and I left extra early and waited at the school for about 10 minutes for him, I was NOT going to be late again.  And the first thing he said when I picked him up on day 2, "thanks mom for not being late"  :)

Anyway, so back to day 1, the teacher sent home a cute idea to have fun talking to you kid about school.  With a mini bag of M&Ms and each color has a question that goes with it.  I wrote down his answers:

Red: What is your teacher's name? for the sake of privacy, I won't answer that one.
Orange: Tell about a new friend in your class.  Coy
Yellow: Tell about your favorite thing you did at school. Played with Coy
Green: Tell about a rule you learned at school. No pushing at the playground
Blue: Tell about your favorite part of your classroom. Learning, and looking at and reading books
Brown: Re-tell a story that your teacher read to you today. There was this girl going to school with a racoon....

It was fun, I'm so excited for him to be in school.  While walking the halls of the elementary school, it dawned on me that, wow, I'm a mom!  And I have a kid in school! (Yeah, I know, a little late to get the message 4 boys later).

Logan, I love you and I hope you always love school as much as you do now!  Until next time...

1 comment:

heidijogoody said...

Such a big day. Sounds like he is already liking it