Wednesday, August 15, 2012

FHE 2 for 2

I got sucked into Pinterest...I know tragic.  Not too sucked in though and so far I've actually been implementing a lot of ideas that I have seen.  Some of which pertain to hair.  Since I don't have a girl of my own and now that my hair is crazy long, I decided to just play with my own hair and experiment.  My hair is really thick and stick straight and rarely holds any curls, yet I long for curly hair sometimes.  So, I found a curling iron method that is supposed to hold the curl longer...and it did, but still by then end of church it was almost straight again, but at least I took pictures right after I did it so I could remember that it curled.  It took a really long time too, it was really pretty and I got lots of compliments, but it's not something I will do regularly.
 It's been fun to have really long hair again so that I can do braids and fun things with it again.
 Short hair is nice too, it's easier to keep away from the kids, but I think I still like the variety.
 I'm going to wait until after family pictures this Fall and until it will still be about shoulder length when I donate it to cut it.
 Mostly the reason I get frustrated with long hair is this cute guy.  He loves to grab my hair, and he's come away with a fistful of hair before.  :)
 So, for the title of the post.  We are 2 for 2 for temple visits.  We had planned to go to Oquirrh Mountain Temple this week, but it ended up being Morgan's late day and he had to stop at his parents on is way home from work, so we were going to meet up at Jordan River.
 All the gates to Jordan River were closed, so we couldn't get close enough to even take pictures, so we went to Oquirrh Mountain like we originally planned.
 And it was totally empty, and I'm thinking, what's the deal, why do we keep picking temples that are closed...then Morgan mentioned Monday Night, and it dawned on my that duh, of course all the temples are closed on Monday Night because of FHE.  Wow, I'm brilliant.  It's still been really fun to see the temples and the boys have been really excited about them.
 No one else was there to snap a family pic, so we just had to take turns.
 Logan got to take a few pictures as well and did pretty good.  He's kind of a random shooter, but sometimes he actually gets something good.
 We did a little puzzle activity with craft sticks..also something I got from my sister and Pinterest.  :)  It was a little difficult putting them together on the grass, but it was still fun.
 Logan got a few good shots of the pretty flowers.

 And even a kissy face picture of mom and dad, I thought he did really well on that one.
 His favorite was Angle Moroni and his "arrow" it took us a while to convince him it was a trumpet instead.
 Jaron was pretty tired that night and little indifferent to everything.  :)  We let the boys wander around a little bit and then Morgan went to check on them and they had gone completely off the temple grounds getting ready to go into the busy street.  And of course when he said stop Tra ran faster....that's when we knew it was time to head home for the night.

 I got the boys all sunglasses the other day and Damon put them on Jaron this morning and Jaron thought it was the greatest thing in the whole world.
 He's the only one that didn't get any sunglasses, but it looks like maybe I should have found some for him.
He was totally rockin' it!  I sure love my boys.  It's been a fun summer, but after our big Yellowstone Family Reunion, I'm looking forward to getting back into a good routine, we've been doing pretty good this month so far, but sometimes it's nice to just do whatever.  :)  Until next time...

2 comments:

heidijogoody said...

Love the long curls! you guys are doing well on the FHE goal

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

Gosh, your hair might be longer than mine! I love it! We need to get better with FHE. The temple theme is a great idea!