Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Master Chef

If you ask Logan his favorite word, he'll say it's "bakery" I'm not sure how he got this obsession, I guess he sees me cook, but still. He does like to help me in the kitchen on occasion, but not always, mostly he just likes to eat the brown sugar (got that from his mama) Do we have a little kitchen play set? No. Do all his friends? Yes. Did he throw the world's biggest tantrum after leaving a friend's house with said playset? Oh yeah. Should I get him one for his birthday? Maybe, but then the novelty might wear off I'm still deciding. Last week he really wanted a chef hat, like chef Piscetti on Curious George, so I offered to make him one.
Not too shabby for a bunch of paper and tape. Maybe someday he really will love to cook, that would be awesome. I always said I would marry a chef growing up, that was my excuse for not really learning to cook from my mom (huge mistake by the way, there is so much that I wished I would have paid attention to) and although Morgan is great at making bubblebread, spaghetti, and a few other dishes, his specialty is more on the eating side rather than cooking. :)
But of course, once Logan saw me with scissors, he wanted them too. (If you give a mouse a cookie...) After I slaved for oh I don't know, ten minutes...precious naptime minutes mind you...he decided he didn't want the hat anymore, just the scissors. No way, we were getting proof that we do fun things. So I told him he couldn't have the scissors unless he wore the hat, I know, mean, but I got my evidence and after that I didn't really care. Which is good because after he had cut all the scrap paper I gave him, he proceeded to cut up the chef hat....:(
Tragon still won't roll to one side, but can still get around by rolling in one direction until he gets stuck somewhere. He does a lot of Superman too. I don't think he's quite gotten mad enough to scoot though. We had his 6 month checkup and he's doing great, following in his brother's footsteps of tall and skinny. He's 13.56lbs (2%) and 26.38in (49%) He's still eating pretty good, but I see a little foreshadowing of him being more like Logan, than Damon in that department.
I love this look, I get it a lot and I'm sure I'll get the toddler/little boy/tween/teen/adult version of it quite frequently too. He's still a really great baby, but the last couple weeks have been tough, it's either teething, or tummy issues, but he wakes up about every hour. Logan went through the same thing about this time and it was torture letting him cry it out, but we're almost to that point. Luckily even when he is wailing at night the other boys will stay asleep or at least go back to sleep when the screaming is over. Damon has also been sick this week, so between the two of them, I'm pooped and sleep deprived!
Tragon is starting to like his bouncer more...just don't put him there right after he eats (duh!). He loves being in here when Logan and Damon are running around him and he can watch them play.
This week has been book week, for some reason they both have really loved reading the books and pulling every single one off the bookshelf, it does provide hours of entertainment. :) Couldn't resist the plumber and crazy face shot.
Damon is two and acts like it. Since he's been sick his patience before throwing a tantrums is about nothing, so he's been spending a lot of time in his room lately. Being sick just isn't a good enough reason to throw a fit over Logan looking at him. He's such a fun boy and talks A LOT, just like his brother, they have some awesome conversations. Sometimes I wish I could be in their little brains and see how they process things.
This would be a great picture if let's say I told him we were going to Disneyland, or Grandma's house, but no, this is "Logan, do a funny face"
I love my boys and they are so fun and I'm so glad they're mine. Until next time...

No comments: