Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Bring on the New Year!

I love the New Year with new aspirations, inspirations, and motivation! We really had a great/busy/fun/crazy 2010 and I think I've finally come to the realization that life is just always going to be like that. There will be no "settling down" or "normal" so I'm learning to just appreciate what is. I still have quite a few new resolutions this year, once of which is taking more pictures and videos of my boys as they are growing up and updated our blog at least once a week. I know I need to make time for that, because this is my outlet and form of journal, and already as I look back on things I have posted, I have forgotten a lot of details that are fun to reminisce about.Tragon loves his bouncer now...as long as the other boys are in the room playing as well. He still doesn't like being by himself. He is doing great on solids...other than the constipation he's had the last couple days, we are getting it taken care of, but the cries of pain when he poops are heart breaking. He's such a great baby and takes 2-3 naps a day, sleeps through the night, and is generally happy and loves to coo and talk to his brothers, and other spectators. Honestly, up to this point, 3 hasn't been too much worse or different than 2...except during grocery shopping, or road trips. It makes a huge difference loading and unloading 3 kids into the minivan. :)
Damon loves puzzles, I think I've mentioned that several times now, but his favorite puzzle that he always asks for first is the Caterpillar puzzle. After he's done he'll tell you the story and my favorite part is when he gets to the watermelon and says it like he has a tummy ache, it's hilarious, I will have to get that on video soon before he stops doing it.
Logan has been such a perfect, loving big brother...except when he fighting with Damon :) He's had so much love and tenderness with Tragon that it melts my heart. When Damon is napping, it's usually Logan playing with Tragon, reading him stories, playing peek-a-boo, or even getting my diapers. He's such a big helper and I can't believe how big he's getting. Hopefully this year we'll be able to get him into some itty bitty team sports and give him some other fun activities to do now that he is potty trained.
We've had some crazy weather. This is still about 6 inches of snow on our driveway after I had shoveled at least twice that much two times!! Sad to say, I couldn't even get out of our driveway to go to our family Christmas Party. The plows weren't not very good with our street and we had huge drifts still blocking the road.
Seriously, we had drifts up to Morgan's shoulder. It was a constant snowfall/wind all day!
We got to have Papa and Grandma Hadlock over for dinner on Sunday. It was good to see them and both the boys were just having a Papa day and wanted to read tons of stories with him. Grandma of course had Tragon. :)
He's getting so big so fast, and while I want him to stay small, I also want him to get big enough and mobile enough that I'm not worried that his brothers will "love" him too much and squish him.
Today Logan and Damon were taking turns playing the harmonica.
Maybe someday they'll even learn how to play a song. :) I do love my boys so much even though they run me ragged. Another resolution is to have more patience with my boys and do more activities and play with them more during the day instead of trying to get a whole bunch of "my" projects done. So far I'm doing okay, but I could do better.

The basement is coming along, this past week we were able to put in two closets, get one painted, get two closet doors on...all projects that we were dreading and avoiding, but were running out of other stuff to do. There are still a few touch up with the fireplace mantel, touch ups in the bathroom, we're still waiting on a piece for our vanity cabinet, and then we'll have the final trim around the closets and the two or three sections of baseboards that we had to wait to do. All of which I think we'll probably have done by the end of January, then once our house in OK sells, we should be able to get the carpet in. YAY! So, until next time...

1 comment:

heidijogoody said...

It sounds like the basement is coming along! It looks like Damon is really good at puzzles, so cute! Yes having 3 sure makes it a little tricky loading and unloading! I look forward to the weekly posts